Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
at least the pacers don't have speedy point guard, in all our loses it seems that they have fast point guards or get a lot of fastbreaks. i feel we could get this win, just do what the hawks did. but in that game sarunas had a bad shooting game, that guy worries me a bit.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Sarunas is pretty quick, need to slow him down, but again, i expect another loss here unless Kaman plays great in the post, and Wilcox as well . . we can not win with one post presence in the damn game (Brand), Kaman's inconsistent, Wilcox we all know, McCarty is a chucker, N'Dong(if active) is too weak, Singleton never plays. Brand needs to play 40+ min or i expect a tough loss

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the Clippers can win this game but it will be tough. Artest might miss the game with a wrist injury but he did say he hoped to play against the Clippers. The Pacers are weak at center so Kaman needs to do well and not get into foul trouble. Pacers are a good team with good players. The Clippers can't afford to lose 2 in a row but also the Pacers can't afford losing 2 in a row. The game will probably come down to the wire with one key possession.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Rebraca will be missed

·
heatseeker
7,066 Posts
Tough luck with Rebreaca seems like alot of that has been going around the league (iregular heartbeat) Im going to have to give this one to the Pacers i see Oneal going off ...Tinsely will be big in this one as well, But it will me a tough one so it can go either way.

·
Registered
619 Posts
On a completely unrelated note I just saw Jeff Foster and Scott Pollard at the restaurant I was eating at about 30 minutes ago. Pollard was rocking the beard with some purple shades while Foster was wearing a suit. They were some tall *** dudes I'll say that much.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I believed the clippers could win this game. The pacers don't run as much as the nuggets, they're more of a half court team. Now if Artest doesn't play it is going to be much easier. Remember the clippers manhandled them last year without artest. They also have being playing well at home, except for last game against toronto.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
With Rebraca out, Clips have absolutely no post presence besides EB, and that being the case, when JO's in and EB's sitting, i expect JO to get the ball and just own Wilcox or McCarty in the post.

EB and JO might be the match up to look for, but IMO tinsley vs cassell will determine the winner. Both these PG's need to get everyone involved and not look to score or start runs. that being said, Cass vs Tinsley is the Key Match-Up imo.

anyways my prediction:
Pacers: 104
Clippers: 97

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Would have been nice going into this game with a recent win fulling the team with confidence. Hopefully they can crack down on defense and prevent the easy back door baskets that Indaina uses often. No artest would make it easyer, but I think he will play. Wilcox will have to be productive and Mobley will need to stop making stupid decisions in the fourth. Nuggets are good, but Indiana is MUCH better. The way I see it a loss isn't an option, Clippers cant go into this tough road trip 0-2, especally since it's the first tough road trip of the season. They have to show the NBA that they aren't one of the best in the west right now because they had an easy opening ten games. Hopefully Cassell can step up.

Going to be one hell of a game.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
By the way, is this game only on NBA TV? Cause damn that really sucks if it is.. I was looking forward to watching it.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
You better get NBA TV!! Just read in the paper that Dunleavy and the team went over the Nuggets game film and they have addressed their mistakes from that game. Indiana has been struggling lately. Lets not forget that they lost to the ATL at home. I see the Clips bouncing back with an impressive victory.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I can't believed they didn't put this game on tv. Last year the televised the majority of sundays game and i don't know what's the reason for them not showing this game. Talked about getting respect from the media, how about from the damn television executives. I mean who the f..k wants to watch golf, or racing on fox anyway.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Clips 92
Pacers 91

this is a tough game to figure.
No Rebraca. questionable Artest.
Matchup is ideal for both teams. kind of mirror each other.
i expect a tight game. If the clips have mental breakdowns on offense like Friday.. then Pacers grab it. but if the Clips play with energy and focus.. they could win easy.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
God Im so tempted to order NBA tv... lol. But im unsure if just one game is worth it, normally the games on NBA tv I could careless about. Ah, I guess its radio and yahoo score board. :cry:

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
ClipOre4Life said:
On a completely unrelated note I just saw Jeff Foster and Scott Pollard at the restaurant I was eating at about 30 minutes ago. Pollard was rocking the beard with some purple shades while Foster was wearing a suit. They were some tall *** dudes I'll say that much.
lol where u the one who poisoned him? accordin to Lawler he won't play due to food poisoning

·
Registered
464 Posts
Does anybody else have NBATV? I have it, but it isn't playing. It'll play for a minute, but it stops. All the other channels work fine. I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with rights to broadcast the game or something, but I hope I'm wrong. I hope it clears up.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Pacers Start Unit:
Artest, Croshere, O'Neal, Jackson, Tinsley

Clippers Starting Unit:
Maggette, Brand, Kaman, Mobley, Cassell

1 - 20 of 193 Posts