Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
we should beat the Lakers easily

the only player we need to cover is Kobe, hahaha just double him

or how about James singleton on him hmm...aside from him we dont have anyone

to worry about ....maybe keep Lamar from driving....thats pretty much it, we can

leave Kwame open hahha he rim plays good defense on him ahha
:cheers:

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Clipps can win this game... Put Radman in Odom, and Maggette in Kobe... Or they can double him, can Ross and Singleton do this job fine? Brand must play an awesome game, and Kaman must destroy Kwame in the middle, ditto for Cassell and Livingston with Smush...

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Matchups I'd Like to See:

Cassell/Maggette on Smush
Smush isn't a big threat and Cassell is not a good defender, Maggette on him depending on who else is in the game.

Ross/Livingston on Kobe
Livingston can get the job done guarding Kobe, like he did to Tracy in the losses. Ross needs no explanation.

Radmanovic/Maggette/Livingston on Odom

Brand/Kaman/Rebraca on Brown

Radmanovic/Brand/Kaman on Cook

·
Registered
177 Posts
DaFranchise said:
Going to be a tough game. Both team coming off tough losses. We are only 1/2 game up on Memphis for the 5th seed. It sure would be nice to some how get the 6th seed and home court for the 1st round vs the Nugz
The playoff seeding rule is so broken it makes it so pride gets put on the buckburner.

We'll probably meet Dallas anyhow, but there's always something to be happy about if you make the 2nd round.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Corey needs to calm down with the weightlifting... j/k

oh man, just when things seemed like they were finally coming together, injury nails Maggette. Could be just a minor issue, I'm hoping, but I'm also quite aware of the Clippers' injury fortunes (and Clips fortune in general). But hey- the Clips have clinched playoffs!

Lakers are an enigma. No one knows if Kobe will erupt, Odom certainly has the skills to hurt the Clips, and Kwame Brown can make things tough inside for Kaman/Brand to operate. But if the Clips come out strong, pass the ball well, move (Lakers are very bad at defending the open man/back doors plays/ and rotating on D), hit some outside shots- than its another W for the Clips.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Interesting ...

USUALLY, there's a lot of bravado in BOTH forums when it comes to Lakers/Clippers games.

NOT this time. What does that mean: Lakers NEED this game, Clippers don't ... will Clippers lay down?

Lakers are at home and truly NEED this game. As usual .. KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE REFS, ESPECALLY IN THE 4TH.

Looking at both forums, it seems both teams' fans are fearful.

I say ... GO CLIPPERS ... grab them by that knot in Kobe's throat and claim your rightful place as the best pro basketball team in LA. You CAN do it, question is ... is it in the plan?

·
Clipper Legend
827 Posts
Re: Interesting ...

Dynasty Raider said:
I say ... GO CLIPPERS ... grab them by that knot in Kobe's throat and claim your rightful place as the best pro basketball team in LA. You CAN do it, question is ... is it in the plan?

ahh good question...is it the plan?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.