Fans Reaction To Bobby?

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
<center>
vs

Los Angeles Clippers(5-2) vs Milwakuee Bucks(4-1)
Date: Tuesday, November 15th
Arena: Staples Center
Time: 7:30 PM Pacific, 9:30 PM Eastern
Los Angeles Media: FSN West 2; KTLK AM 1150
Clippers Last Game: Lost @ Philadelphia 113-108
Bucks Last Game: Defeated Pacers in Milwakuee 103-102

Clippers Starters:

Sam Cassell/Cuttino Mobley/Quinton Ross/Elton Brand/Chris Kaman

Bucks Starters:

TJ Ford/Michael Redd/Bobby Simmons/Andrew Bogut/Jamal Magloire

Prediction: Clippers win 104-89
Prediction Record: 5-2

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
lol wrong team logo for the bucks. it brings back bad memories :(. lets hope all goes well and the TOs get cut down this time, with better rotations as well by dunleavy

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
clips_r_teh_wieners said:
lol wrong team logo for the bucks. it brings back bad memories :(. lets hope all goes well and the TOs get cut down this time, with better rotations as well by dunleavy
haha my bad about the logo

·
Registered
187 Posts
i think all clipper fans should show their appreciation for bobby's effort last season...sure wished we could've kept him but i hope he has an outstanding season (except against us-HA!)...i'll be at the game tomorrow and i'll be cheering for him (but not too hard-HA again)...i hope kaman brings his A game to bogut!

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kapt Clipper said:
i think all clipper fans should show their appreciation for bobby's effort last season...sure wished we could've kept him but i hope he has an outstanding season (except against us-HA!)...i'll be at the game tomorrow and i'll be cheering for him (but not too hard-HA again)...i hope kaman brings his A game to bogut!
personally i think the fans reactions will be mixed, some will boo, and others will applaud

·
Registered
212 Posts
Clips need a win.
Sixer game was not a good way to finish the road trip.

Clips - 101
bucks - 93

record goes to 6-2.

Cheer the Clippers..
clap for simmons.
how can we boo the bucks. The bucks stops here so we must finish them off.

focus...
Clips - 101
bucks - 93 (simmons with 12 pts, bogut 9 points, TJ with 15 points, Redd 26pts, Magliore 18pts)

Brand will get 30
Mobley - 18
Maggs - 17
Cassell - 12
Rebraca (first start of the season) 11
bench - 13

win #6.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Will Clipper fans boo Simmons? They booed Jaric at home and I bet we might hear some boo's tomarrow night. The Bucks seem like a quality team right now and it will be a very tough game against them. Redd, Ford, and Simmos are a dangerous group who can do some damage. Their weak point might be Bogut since he still a rookie and hasn't shown up much but to exploit this Kaman would need to have a big game which he hasn't had so far.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
nah i wouldnt boo him, even tho we need this home win. he's a good example in the nba of someone who's worked hard for their contract. he was solid for the clips last season, and even tho we didnt make it to the playoffs, we showed people we were gonna battle for it this season. it'll be interesting to see maggette vs. simmons matchup. i wanna c if bobby's able to contain his old teammate. or not

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
This is going to be a hard game for the clippers to win. In order to stop redd, Q ross has to be on the floor, but in order to have offense, maggette needs to be on the floor, and they pretty much cant be on the floor at the same time.

Look for cassel to have a good shooting game, although if he continues to put up 12 assists a game, i wont mind if he shoots poorly. When is the last time we had a PG average nearly 10 assists a game?

Unfortunately im also predicting brand to have a sub-20 point game. I dont think he can keep up such play as he has, espeically against a good player in magloire. Id love to be wrong though.

Id like to see kaman get a lot of touches at the beginning of the game..when therse no pressure, and where hes not in a position to panic.

Id also like to see singleton get off of the bench, with mccarty at the END of the bench. Mccarty's defense was pretty good, but his shot was way off.

Not sure how bobby simmons will do. if q ross is put on redd, then cassel will have to try to guard tj ford, meaning that mobley would be guarding simmons, which would be ironic. However, since mobley didnt play on the clippers last year, he doesnt know simmons game that well, so might not know how best to defend him...maggette vs. simmons would be an interesting matchup though.

·
Registered
187 Posts
yamaneko said:
This is going to be a hard game for the clippers to win. In order to stop redd, Q ross has to be on the floor, but in order to have offense, maggette needs to be on the floor, and they pretty much cant be on the floor at the same time.

Look for cassel to have a good shooting game, although if he continues to put up 12 assists a game, i wont mind if he shoots poorly. When is the last time we had a PG average nearly 10 assists a game?

Unfortunately im also predicting brand to have a sub-20 point game. I dont think he can keep up such play as he has, espeically against a good player in magloire. Id love to be wrong though.

Id like to see kaman get a lot of touches at the beginning of the game..when therse no pressure, and where hes not in a position to panic.

Id also like to see singleton get off of the bench, with mccarty at the END of the bench. Mccarty's defense was pretty good, but his shot was way off.

Not sure how bobby simmons will do. if q ross is put on redd, then cassel will have to try to guard tj ford, meaning that mobley would be guarding simmons, which would be ironic. However, since mobley didnt play on the clippers last year, he doesnt know simmons game that well, so might not know how best to defend him...maggette vs. simmons would be an interesting matchup though.
what about q on tj since they both have quickness whereas sam may have trouble keeping up (like when he tried a.i. a couple of times)...sam can matchup with bobby since he doesn't drive to the hole as much as the other two...the only issue here would be if sam can stop bobby from posting him up...cat may do a better job on redd because i think their games are similar...also both are left handed which would negate any advantage they have over righties since they probably know what each other is going to do offensively.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Of all the games we have to win this season to be taken seriously, this is one of them, we need to win the 3/4 home games at least and win half on the road.

Also control those freaking turnovers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
for this game i hope mike lets corey start to depend bobby and let mobley try to guard redd, while this may lead for problems for mobley or cassell, it might get bobby in foul trouble or their bigs. if more defense is needed q will get his minutes, and hopely singleton as well. i hope that is not letting waltaa play because of he is a veteran. the best players should be on the floor.

·
Registered
557 Posts
i hope we will see Rebraca as our starting centar

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
ANYONE booing Bobby is a true bandwagoner ... NO true Clipper fan will boo Bobby.

I will be extremely disappointed in anyone booing him and seriously hope they are not man enough to come to this forum and admit it.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Free Arsenal said:
Of all the games we have to win this season to be taken seriously, this is one of them,..
I agree with that statement ... IF we don't come back and win this, I'm afraid we will lose some of our confidence and who knows where that will lead us.

I really would like to see Dunleavy sit Kaman (until his hand heals, or whatever). I also would like to see Wilcox start to just see if last year was a fluke. At some point, if he's playing good ball, I'd like to Singleton in there with him. I want to see what we could with our own mini-twin towers. :)

I know that won't happen this game, but during some game I would like to see that. I want us to utilize ALL of our depth. I want to send several messages; keep teams off-balance so that they must plan to cover ALL of our players. (I can dream, can't I?)

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Dynasty Raider said:
ANYONE booing Bobby is a true bandwagoner ... NO true Clipper fan will boo Bobby.

I will be extremely disappointed in anyone booing him and seriously hope they are not man enough to come to this forum and admit it.
I still dislike him, but that doesn't mean I will boo, I just want the Clippers to win. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I wish I had the time to search for the articles where Jaric DID have some negative comments to say about the Clippers, but I don't. Maybe the thread will be bumped by accident at some point.

People keep saying they don't know why fans booed Jaric, apparently they have long memories and remember what he said. I don't remember exactly what he said, I do remember reading it and not feeling good about it and hurt that Marko said it.

My comments aren't adding validity to the issue, but I remember SOMETHING was said. Now, Bobby ... that's an entirely different issue. He said NOTHING AT ALL OR IN ANY WAY derogatory towards us.

I would be shocked to hear boos, and if there are any they will be from bandwagoners who are out of touch with our team(s).

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Free Arsenal said:
I still dislike him, but that doesn't mean I will boo, I just want the Clippers to win. :biggrin:
I understand ... just say nothing if you can't applaud him. He will respect that. He's a very classy guy. He would be hurt from any negative response to him. He show us nothing but class, in fact won a top level award for the Clippers. In my memory, we've NEVER won any league award --- but Bobby did that for us.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Dynasty Raider said:
I wish I had the time to search for the articles where Jaric DID have some negative comments to say about the Clippers, but I don't. Maybe the thread will be bumped by accident at some point.

People keep saying they don't know why fans booed Jaric, apparently they have long memories and remember what he said. I don't remember exactly what he said, I do remember reading it and not feeling good about it and hurt that Marko said it.

My comments aren't adding validity to the issue, but I remember SOMETHING was said. Now, Bobby ... that's an entirely different issue. He said NOTHING AT ALL OR IN ANY WAY derogatory towards us.

I would be shocked to hear boos, and if there are any they will be from bandwagoners who are out of touch with our team(s).
Jaric said in the Los Angeles times that Minnesota was a Winner, and he was happy with the trade.

This implied the Clippers were not winners. And Oliwakandi... well you know what he did. Fans don't boo Q Rich, nor do they boo Andre Miller anymore, so I don't think they will boo Bobby.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Good recall. I do remember him saying that and I didn't like the implication.

We should still be booing Andre Miller. He didn't give us any effort AT ALL, from day one. But, then ... some blamed his ineptness (sp?) on Gentry's coaching. I can't argue that atall ... I detested Gentry's coaching and his love of Kandi.

Enough of my rambling ... I'd better get back on topic.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts