Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@

Los Angeles Clippers(6-2) @ Los Angeles Lakers(4-4)
Date: Friday, November 18th
Time: 7:30 Pacific PM; 10:30 Eastern PM
Los Angeles Clippers Media: KTLA; KTLK AM 1150
Los Angeles Lakers Media: FSN; XTRA AM 540
National Media: NBA-League Pass
Clippers Last Game: Won vs Bucks 109-85
Lakers Last Game: Won vs Knicks 97-92

Clippers Starters:

Sam Cassell/Cuttino Mobley/Quinton Ross/Elton Brand/Chris Kaman

Lakers Starters:

Smush Parker/Kobe Bryant/Lamar Odom/Kwame Brown/Chris Mihm

Head Coaches:
|

Mike Dunleavy Sr.|Phil Jackson

Prediction: Clippers win 111-95
Prediction Record: 6-2

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we need to ATTACK the basket, give the ball to our bigs in the post, EB, Kaman, Wilcox, Rebraca all need the ball in the post, and let Maggs drive, once we do this, they'll focus on covering them, then Cassell and Mobley can hit there outside shots . . thats the key to the game IMO

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Id like to see elton have a big game agasint kwame. Kaman mihm will also be a good matchup. Corey seems to play on another level at times agasint Kobe. Cassel parker will be another interesting matchup. Cassell wont be able to back him down like to TJ ford, but on the other side, parker doesnt have tj ford speed to blow by cassell.

I think the game will be a blowout one way or the other...im not forseeing a close game..

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yamaneko said:
Id like to see elton have a big game agasint kwame. Kaman mihm will also be a good matchup. Corey seems to play on another level at times agasint Kobe. Cassel parker will be another interesting matchup. Cassell wont be able to back him down like to TJ ford, but on the other side, parker doesnt have tj ford speed to blow by cassell.

I think the game will be a blowout one way or the other...im not forseeing a close game..

Corey needs to drive this game and not take stupid jumpers. Leave the shooting to mobley, Q and cassell(ewing @ times as well)

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Keys to the game:

Let Brand dominate Kwame, Kwame hasn't shown any value so far for the Lakers and doesn't look good at all. Brand needs to take it to him every time and he will score. Also the Clippers need to try to slow Kobe down, probably Ross will be on him if he is ready to go. Kobe did score 40+ last game to carry his team to a win. Staying out of foul trouble is big and getting to the line is huge, last game the Clippers made 30+ FT's at close to 92%.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I say let Kobe get his 42, especially if it takes him 36 shots to get it. If that happens with the Clips, I expect a big win. Limit the turnovers, control the glass, and this one should be in the bag.

·
heatseeker
7,066 Posts
RhettO said:
I say let Kobe get his 42, especially if it takes him 36 shots to get it. If that happens with the Clips, I expect a big win. Limit the turnovers, control the glass, and this one should be in the bag.

The thing is when Kobe has a huge scoring night ..We usually win........Keys for you guys to beat us which shouldnt be that hard....Dominate down low.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Our post players will dominate, there's just no way Brand & Kaman/Rebraca/Wilcox can find a way to screw this one up.

The real key in my opinion though is to keep the ball out of Odom's hands. Without that, the lakers will be in too much of a funk about ball movement. Who's can pass besides Odom? Just Kobe.

The goal of the game will be to blow 'em out by halftime or the 3rd quarter, thus not giving Kobe a chance to take over in the end.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
yamaneko said:

If Frye can have a great game playing Brown, than Elton could have a monsterous game. This is going to be a slaughter tonight. I forsee Mike doing what Larry Brown did, but since he has a better cast than Larry it will work in the sense they don't double team Bryant. Let Bryant have 50 points if he wants to, but shut everyone else down which is pretty easy on a roster that bad, and it wont matter how good Kobe does.

I think Cassell and Smush will be the funnest part to watch. Only because of how good defensively Smush has been so far this season I think it will be a little closer than expected in that reguard.

I forsee this game a blow out, and not either way.. Only one way. Clippers are better on paper and in person. The only thing the Lakers got is home town pride to fight for, and pride is something Kwame doesn't seem to care about.

I predict Clippers by 10 or more.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Lakermike05 said:
The thing is when Kobe has a huge scoring night ..We usually win........Keys for you guys to beat us which shouldnt be that hard....Dominate down low.

That's normally agisnt teams that are non-factors. Kobe can't do everything. If the Lakers want any chance at winning they need to get their bigs involved and doing well from start to finish. When your playing a team with Elton Brand, you better bring your A game otherwise Eltons gonna have a 30 game, and Chris is gonna have a 10 or more. GOTTA try every posession, something Brown has yet to do this entire season.

Only good game really brown had was playing the wolves, but KG still had his way with him. The guy has the worest hands in the league, im convinced.

Clippers have this one locked down in my opinion, but at the same time if by some miracle Lakers pulled out a win, I'd say it's only because its one of those home town flukes. Lakers just have to much of an undesirable roster.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
If ross plays, im guessing he guards kobe
kaman guards mihm obviously
Brand guards brown obviously
cassell guards smush
mobley guards odom? That could be a problem.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yamaneko said:
If ross plays, im guessing he guards kobe
kaman guards mihm obviously
Brand guards brown obviously
cassell guards smush
mobley guards odom? That could be a problem.

Mobley on Kobe; Ross on Odom? I won't be surprised to see that

and i also wonder if Eisley will see any PT

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
qrich1fan said:
Mobley on Kobe; Ross on Odom? I won't be surprised to see that

and i also wonder if Eisley will see any PT

I doubt Eisley sees any time this game unless there is foul trouble.

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Free Arsenal said:
I think they'll let Mobley guard brown, put Brand on Odom.

Well Brown is horrible.... But not that bad. Not saying Mobley cant play good defense, but were talking about a guy who is 7 foot here... That wouldn't be a very fair match up.

Brand on Odom would ideal though, although Im not sure how that would work out with Mobley. But Mobley vs Brown even though brown is a pathetic loser isn't a good choice. Brown is still 275 pounds of muscle and likes posting up on smaller PF's, let alone SG's, G's, etc.

Ross on Kobe makes sense, but if Kobe plays like he did last night it wont matter much. I say take the gamble, don't double team and shut down the everyone else on the Lakers.

1 - 20 of 256 Posts