Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GT: Game 10 - Clippers vs Warriors

VS

Los Angeles Clippers (7-2) vs Golden State Warriors (6-4)
Date: Sunday, November 20th
Time: 12:30 PM Pacific; 3:30 PM Eastern
Los Angeles Clippers Media: KTLK 1150 AM; NO TV :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Golden State Warriors Media: FSN Bay Area; KNBR 1050 AM
National Media: NBA League Pass
Clippers Last Game: Won @ Lakers 97-91
Warriors Last Game: Won @ Blazers 91-80

Clippers Starters:

Sam Cassell/Cuttino Mobley/Quinton Ross/Elton Brand/Chris Kaman

Warrior Starters:

Baron Davis/Jason Richardson/Mike Dunleavy Jr./Troy Murphy/Adonal Foyle

Prediction: Clippers win 104-86
Prediction Record: 7-2

Q's Top 2 Keys To The Game For Clippers:
Keep on pounding the ball inside
Maggette needs to keep driving and getting to the line instead of shooting.

Q's Top 2 Keys To The Game For Warriors:
Get Brand in foul trouble
Hit the open shots

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wonder if qross is playing. Anyone have a ross update? I think ross is going to be the key. If we can slow down davis then I dont think it should be a problem. Remember the clippers sweept them last year but they played all 4 games pre baron davis. Put ross on davis and the clippers will be 8-2 baby. Ill be there to see it happen lol. O yea can kaman have two productive games in a row? I think so cuz the warrior bigs are not that good.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
i expect the clips to win by...a lot so if the oddmakers overrate GS again im putting all my ucash on the clips. this team falls in love with the perimeter shots, especially baron davis who can be pretty god awful in fg % sometimes. i would expect dunleavy to put q ross on j rich, but remember, j rich certainly isnt a kobe nor even an all star. just control the tempo of the game, force the outside shots, and clips should easily win this.

i'll say it again, and again, GS IS OVERRATED.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Clips - 105
warriors - 92

This game should be interesting.
Afternoon matinee..
off a great win. off a birthday celebration.. i noticed the Clips lost big at Philly after Corey's birthday bash...(by Clip 2005-2006 standards).
so... let's hope the team played it cool... Sam IS ONLY 36 you know...as he put it.. he's an old man and needs his rest.

8-2 sure is an amazing record.. 7-3 would be digestible... but we have to get this team to 8-2..
So start the chant...
get Darrell going.. i could hear him on TV last night chanting... LET'S GO CLIPPERS!!!
He's awesome.
Clips are moving to the top echelon in the league... a little more tougher bench play and we will see this team contend in MAY and hopefully into JUNE!!!
get to 8-2 and we can start to fantasize a lot.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
I too hope that Ross is playing because the Clippers for this game might need him. The Warriors take alot of 3's and sometimes make them and sometimes they don't. The key will be to force the Warriors to take those bad shots. I think the Warriors can shoot themselves into losing but they have the fire power to come back. I believe they came back by more than 20 in the 4th quarter against the Bucks, they did lose but that was a nice comeback. Should be a very exciting game of offense, damn tv providers though won't be showcasing it for us to see.

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
DAMN NO TV GETS ME MAAAAD! :curse: :curse: :curse:

man, i think ima have to follow it via that Yahoo thing, :(

damn i hope Q Ross is back too man , i feel as if he would have played the previous

game against the Lakers Kobe would have made even less shots than he did,

Q Ross is great defensively, his tuffff assignments i think he should get alot of credit this

season for their success, and he usually nails his open js, doesnt take stupid shots, drives

it when he has a chance :) :)

damn is it gonna be Baron Davis vs. Sam? hmmmm

Mike Dunleavy is playing horrible ive read so eh, I hate him cuz he had ssaid something bout

rather going to play in fRance than playing for the Clippers :curse: :curse:

·
Registered
777 Posts
clips_r_teh_wieners said:
i expect the clips to win by...a lot so if the oddmakers overrate GS again im putting all my ucash on the clips. this team falls in love with the perimeter shots, especially baron davis who can be pretty god awful in fg % sometimes. i would expect dunleavy to put q ross on j rich, but remember, j rich certainly isnt a kobe nor even an all star. just control the tempo of the game, force the outside shots, and clips should easily win this.

i'll say it again, and again, GS IS OVERRATED.
Golden State overated lol. Don't hate, we are just a good team now. Our bigs not good, we will see tomorrow. JRich not an all star, he sure is look out for him tomorrow because these Warriors are no joke. Warriors will make it 7-4 tomorrow, and you guys will move to 7-3. It will be a good game.
The Warriors will come with the victory. We are a pretty good road team this year also.

·
Registered
70 Posts
14HipClip said:
Clips - 105
warriors - 92

This game should be interesting.
Afternoon matinee..
off a great win. off a birthday celebration.. i noticed the Clips lost big at Philly after Corey's birthday bash...(by Clip 2005-2006 standards).
so... let's hope the team played it cool... Sam IS ONLY 36 you know...as he put it.. he's an old man and needs his rest.

8-2 sure is an amazing record.. 7-3 would be digestible... but we have to get this team to 8-2..
So start the chant...
get Darrell going.. i could hear him on TV last night chanting... LET'S GO CLIPPERS!!!
He's awesome.
Clips are moving to the top echelon in the league... a little more tougher bench play and we will see this team contend in MAY and hopefully into JUNE!!!
get to 8-2 and we can start to fantasize a lot.
It was AWESOME to hear Darrell pumping the team up at a Laker home game!!

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WarriorFan64 said:
Golden State overated lol. Don't hate, we are just a good team now. Our bigs not good, we will see tomorrow. JRich not an all star, he sure is look out for him tomorrow because these Warriors are no joke. Warriors will make it 7-4 tomorrow, and you guys will move to 7-3. It will be a good game.
The Warriors will come with the victory. We are a pretty good road team this year also.

until Baron goes down, nothing against the Warriors, they just rely WAY too much on the health of Baron

and as far as JRich goes, he is not an all-star with all the premier SG's/SF's in the league today

·
Registered
777 Posts
We will see you guys still lose tomorrow. We dont rely on Baron when hes on the bench we still can ball. The matchups kill you guys except the dunleavy maggete matchup he will own dunleavy. Unless he puts good defense on maggete.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
WarriorFan64 said:
We will see you guys still lose tomorrow. We dont rely on Baron when hes on the bench we still can ball. The matchups kill you guys except the dunleavy maggete matchup he will own dunleavy. Unless he puts good defense on maggete.
ok let me get this straight, Baron and JRich will DOMINATE sam and cuttino, but Brand won't dominate the front court? sorry that makes no sense.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
WarriorFan64 said:
absolutely not. first in response to ur previos quote, j rich will never be an all star. yes u heard it here first. last season, we owned u 0-4 WITHOUT baron davis, so no, u wouldnt be able ball with him on the bench. then, both our teams have made significant moves in the offseason. but baron davis can be a liability with his crap FG % and 3 pt bricks. we'll c tomorrow tho. clips are favored in this one, and why not, its home court against the freakin warriors.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The only advantage the Warriors have is with Baron. This is not much of an advantage either because Cassel has being doing a great job most on the majority of the games so far. The Clippers by far a better starting five and a better bench. I don't see any way the Warriors could beat them, especially in their home court. Aren't the clppers undefeated here so far?????

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
I think todays game is more important than the Laker and Clipper game everyone was hyping up. GS is a team competing for the pacific, the Lakers are not. A game like tonight's a must win and I think the Clippers will pull it out. Just don't want to see Corey go off like he did playing the Lakers and hopefully play a little more controlled.

The transition defense and blocking the passing lanes will be key to disrupting the warriors offense, especally if Davis gets a hot passing hand early.

Will be a great game.

1 - 20 of 292 Posts