Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets(32-36)
at
Utah Jazz (32-37)
8PM Central
Delta Center,Salt Lake City Utah

Nothing else tonight.It would be damned nice if the Hornets could start playing well again,but it's hard to see what good it will do now.Only 14 games remaining in the season and I would start talking about firing Byron Scott if this team had enough talent to justify expecting more wins than it already has.I would like it if we could start winning games again and trying to at least finish above .500.

· Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw the starting lineup in this game and figured it was a lost cause from the start.Aaron Williams and Rasuall Butler starting at forward...Not going to put the puking smiley in there but that is what I thought.

I don't know why the Jazz aren't a lot better.They have three times the talent that the Hornets have and still don't have a better record after the Hornets have played dead for a month.

· Limehouse Blues
26,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The three best players on the Hornets are David West,Chris Paul and Speedy Claxton.It would be a lot better if two of your three best players didn't play the same position,but that is the size of it.

It would certainly be a lot better if your best interior player(by a huge margin) was playing.The Hornets have won more games than anyone expected this year,but they simply don't have enough good players unless someone would be kind enough to send them back to the Eastern Conference.

Atop of that Desmond Mason is probably out for most of what remains of the season so the Hornets have already been starting Rasual Butler instead of bringing him off the bench.It just doesn't leave them very much to work with if David West is out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.