Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
REGGIE MAY GET A FOND FAREWELL

"I think this might be the only time they don't boo him," Houston said before yesterday's 106-102 loss to the Bucks. "Honestly, they have a respect for what he's done, especially in that gym. Not too many people can come in and do what he's done in that building. It's almost like a home for him. I think they'll show respect for them."
"For him to come into the Garden and . . . still be confident and focused enough to make big shots, to me, that would be the biggest thrill of my life," Houston said. "To come into the Garden, talk trash. That would be fun.
One last Miller time at Garden

Starks will be at the Garden tomorrow night to bid farewell to Miller, who is retiring after this season and will be playing his last game in the building where he's had so many memorable moments.
In the 1998 conference finals, Miller scored 38 points in Game 4, including a late three-pointer in front of a stunned Spike Lee to force overtime. In 2000, Miller scored 34 points in the series-clinching victory, sending Indiana to its only NBA Finals appearance.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Yeah, I hope we get pulverized into the 6th draft slot.

And I have to tell you, if I were at the Garden, I'd boo Reggie when his name were announced, for old times sake, then immediately give him a standing ovation. He wouldn't be an enemy if I didn't respect him.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One Last Chance to Be Garden Pest

Cue Reggie Miller. And put the Darth Vader theme music on standby. Madison Square Garden will play host to this made-for-television drama tonight, with the Knicks cast as reluctant co-stars alongside Miller's Indiana Pacers.
SO LONG, REGGIE

Miller has one more chance to make the Garden crowd see his deadly jumper — the one that was displayed during the Pacer-Knick playoff battles of the 1990s — when the Pacers visit the Knicks tonight.
Last call for Miller

Williams put his team through a variety of drills, but one was aimed specifically at defending against Miller's bread and butter - the catch-and-shoot. In fact, Williams didn't seem like he'd be surprised if Miller tried turning his final appearance at the Garden into one last highlight-reel performance.

·
A deserving All-Star
2,319 Posts
OH this will be memorable!!. I can assure you the knicks will lose but we will see the cover spread on this one.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Oh man, Reggie is not have his late season norm. I'm sure you all want to see him go out with him playing a good game, but the Knicks better.

-Petey

1 - 20 of 51 Posts