Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Tor @ DET

C: Okur vs Bosh
PF: Wallace vs Marshall
SF: Prince vs Carter
SG: Hamilton vs Williams
PG: Billups vs Rose

Finally a game I get to tape! I have a basketball game but I will watch it when I get back. Okur can take Bosh especially now that Bosh is banged up, he's hit the rookie wall and I'm not even certain he will play tonight. If we put Wallace on him I bet we can keep him at around 6 points. Marshall is underrated and always seems to put up good numbers, especially on the boards. If we can keep him off of them, as well as Archibald and Baxter off the bench then we will dominate the front court. Let's hope Prince can pester vince into a sluggish game, he can't bring it every night but when he does watch out. Hamilton will probably end up guarding Rose because of height because Prince will be on Vince. As long as Hamilton can stay in his face Rose won't do much accept maybe get a bunch of assists. Billups versus Williams will be a good matchup but I think Billups is clearly the better player here, however, we should cross our fingers that he had a good shooting night tonight.

I think it will be a good game because the Raptors are scrappy and physical but then again so are we, and we are better at it. :grinning:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
No, it's Tor @ Det..

Bosh likely won't play, or at least start. Lonny Baxter will likely take his place

Pistons 91
Raptors 73

Chauncey 21
Rip 20
Prince 11
Darko 5

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Should be an interesting game, seeing that Kevin O'neil knows our players very well...

What I think needs to happen for us to win:

1.)Push the ball up and down the court -- TO is definitely not one of the offensive powerhouses in the league and I have seen plenty of games this season where they barely can crack the 75 point mark. Not that we're an offensive juggernaut either, but over the 9 game winning streak we have been playing great ball and in the last two games we have scored over 100 points. While the Bulls and Mavs don't have the D that the Raptors do, I just have a hard time seeing Toronto put up that many points. They're just not built for that type of game.

2.) Use our depth-- This kind of goes hand in hand with the point above. Toronto's last game against the Blazers only 8 players played and who were the three guys off of the bench? Morris Peterson, Robert Archibald, and our buddy Michael Curry. If we can keep the pace up in the game it will force KO to use these guys and hopefully the Raptors just won't have the wind to keep up with us and our superior depth. The terrible weather will probaly delay things for them too, making them even more tired. :yes:

3.) Use our size -- Like KABI said we have a size advantage up front and we should take advantage of it, by getting the ball down low and crashing the boards at every opportune time. They just don't have the size to stay with us on the boards. Donyell Marshall (6-9), Lonny Baxter (6-8), Archibald (6-11), and Bosh (6-10, but rail thin) who may not even play. Those are the heights of their frontcourt players excluding VInce Carter and Jerome Moiso who has been collecting DNP's.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
Over our nine game winning streak:

A few facts to ponder about the streak:

* The Pistons, on average, are outscoring opponents 92.9 to 83.

* The Pistons are outrebounding opponents, 44.3 to 37.9.

* The Pistons are hitting a higher percentage of three-point shots, too — .398 to .284.

“You know, I think it was just a matter of time and patience,” Billups said of the Pistons’ getting it together. “We’ve got to play with that same kind of intensity every night, no matter if we’re playing Chicago or Lakers, anybody. When we’re playing the way we think we can play, we can beat anybody.”
We were shooting 28% on threes... :dead:

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Originally posted by <b>froggyvk</b>!
No, it's Tor @ Det..

Bosh likely won't play, or at least start. Lonny Baxter will likely take his place

Pistons 91
Raptors 73

Chauncey 21
Rip 20
Prince 11
Darko 5
you guys are not scoring 90 on us. noway in hell

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Get up and down the court when the opportunity presents itself. Wear the Raptors down, they are not a deep team. In the half-court set bang it down low. Get to the free throw line and get their undersized bigs in foul trouble. Expose their depth issues. Crush them on the boards.

The Pistons do those things, and they will win.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by <b>froggyvk</b>!
No, it's Tor @ Det..
I'm sorry, I was trying to do it discreetly during class and the more windows open, the more sketchy you seem to the teacher. I didn't look at nba.com to confirm it. ;)

:D

·
Registered
427 Posts
The Pistons have played horrible defense this quarter...we're lucky to only be down by three. If they don't pick up the intensity the Raptors could easily snap our streak tonight.

Even with the huge snow storm, it still looks like there are more fans in the Palace than went to see the Hawks play against the Spurs last night...

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
What the hell Larry. We didn't win 9 straight playing small ball.

Chauncey, Chucky, Sura, Tayshaun, Ben. We have 4 7 footers. USE ONE!!!

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Wallace just got thrown out :laugh:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts