TV: FSNMW Radio: WIBC</center>

<center>Probable Starting Lineups:

Pacers:

Anthony Johnson/Reggie Miller/Stephen Jackson/Dale Davis/Jeff Foster

Pistons:

Chauncey Billups/Rip Hamilton/Tayshaun Prince/Rasheed Wallace/Ben Wallace

Pacers 85
Pistons 78

Pacers Leading Scorer- Stephen Jackson (30)

Pistons Leading Scorer- Rasheed Wallace (21)</center>

NOTEWORTHY

Every once in a while, when he feels his team is in need, Rick Carlisle turns to Austin Croshere to provide a spark. He did it in last year's Eastern Conference Finals against Detroit, and he did it again this week. Croshere moved back into the starting lineup two games ago and has responded well to the enhanced role, averaging 16.5 points and 6.5 rebounds.

Croshere will likely remain in the lineup when the Pacers begin a three-game road trip Friday night in Detroit.

"We just wanted to go with a different look," Croshere said. "My productivity hadn't been real high and I think Rick was trying to get a little more out of me, tried starting me. Obviously, that's worked and Jeff (Foster, who pulled 15 rebounds in a reserve role Wednesday night against the Spurs) has played real well off the bench so it's kind of a win-win situation for us."

Croshere has scored in double-figures in all 18 of his starts this season, averaing 15.1 points and 7.7 rebounds. In 41 appearances off the bench, he averaged 6.5 points and 4.2 rebounds, shooting 36.1 percent overall and 17.3 percent from the arc.

A regular in the lineup in the aftermath of the suspensions resulting from the Nov. 19 incident in The Palace of Auburn Hills, Croshere had slumped since returning to the bench. In the 44 games prior to his return to the lineup, he was 16-of-90 from the arc (17.8 percent).

With a shorthanded team, Carlisle knew he needed to find a way to return Croshere to a more productive role. By moving Croshere into the lineup, he has Foster in reserve and is thus able to keep at least one of his two healthy big bodies -- either Foster or Dale Davis -- on the floor at all times.

"It's more of a dimensional change," Carlisle said. "Him being out there changes the geometry of the game, offensively, a little bit because you have to respect his ability to shoot and he can drive the ball. So it gives us a little more driving and kicking, offensively. He's had very good games for us this year as a starter and that's something that's been in the back of my mind. Where we are, you've got to look for ways to maximize your situation. And at this particular point in time, this is where we're at."

The Pistons have lost two in a row without Coach Larry Brown, who has had trouble in the aftermath of artificial hip surgery in November, and leading scorer Richard Hamilton, out with a sprained left ankle. Both could return for Friday night's game. The Pistons made a roster move Friday, activating forward Darvin Ham and placing guard Ronald Dupree on the injured list with lower back spasms.

TRENDS

Pacers - Stephen Jackson has averaged 22.7 points in the last 10 games but has shot 34 percent overall and 24.2 percent from the arc in the last six. ... Reggie Miller has averaged 21.3 points in the last 10. ... Anthony Johnson has averaged 14.4 points, 7.3 assists and 4.9 rebounds while shooting 57.1 percent overall and 55.6 percent from the arc in the last eight.

Pistons - The team is 7-6 in games Coach Larry Brown has missed due to health problems. ... Carlos Arroyo has averaged 9.3 points on 68.4 percent shooting in the last three. ... Tayshaun Prince has averaged 21.0 points and 5.8 rebounds while shooting 50.5 percent overall in the last six games but is 1-of-12 from the arc in that span.

SERIES

This will be the final regular-season meeting this year, with the Pistons holding a 2-1 advantage. The Pacers won in Detroit 97-82 on the fateful night of Nov. 19, but the Pistons won twice in Conseco Fieldhouse, 98-93 on Christmas and 88-76 on Jan. 27. Overall, Detroit holds a 72-66 advantage, 45-24 at home.

KEY MATCHUP

Small Forward - Prince has been a consistent offensive force in recent games and has long been a matchup problem for the Pacers, even when Ron Artest was available. Jackson has the quickness and athleticism to contend with Prince and must match his energy.

INJURIES

Pacers - C Scot Pollard (back) and G Fred Jones (ill) are questionable; G Jamaal Tinsley (foot) is doubtful; F Jermaine O'Neal (shoulder), F Jonathan Bender (knee) and C David Harrison (knee) are on the injured list; F Ron Artest is on the suspended list.

Pistons - G Richard Hamilton (ankle) is questionable; G Ronald Dupree (back) and G Horace Jenkins (back) are on the injured list.
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preview_050325.html

Detroit is coming off two bad games so hopefully we can keep their offense limited while scoring. Rip may be back for this game, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I didn't know Detroit had a new team logo... :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
pacers 98

pistons 89

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
They are really struggling, and seem to be disinterested for long parts of the game. I cant explain it, this team is very jekyl and hyde this year. If they come with energy and passion? win...if they continue to play as if they would rather be shopping? another pitiful loss.

·
*Floor General*
7,589 Posts
I believe Rip will be back for this one. The Pistons just seem disinterested right now and more concerned with getting guys like Elden Campbell, Carlos Delfino, Lindsey Hunter, etc. PT to get them ready for the playoffs, than winning games.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
So will every game from this point on.
Nah, some games it will be more important for Fred Jones to play big, other games Tinsley will have to be the man, and in many games Jackson will have to step up. I just think that against the Piston D, it'll be up to Reggie.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I think the deciding factor will be which Piston team shows up. If its the same team that has been on the court lately ? the Outlook is real good for you guys to get redemption at the palace. If the team that passes the ball and racks up 25 assists a game and defends like the #2 defensive team in the league shows up? I think you guys are gonna be outmatched.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Copper said:
I think the deciding factor will be which Piston team shows up. If its the same team that has been on the court lately ? the Outlook is real good for you guys to get redemption at the palace. If the team that passes the ball and racks up 25 assists a game and defends like the #2 defensive team in the league shows up? I think you guys are gonna be outmatched.
No doubt. It'll probably be a close Indy win or a Detroit blowout. There's also a good chance that the Pacers blow it and the Pistons win it close.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Pacers Fan said:
No doubt. It'll probably be a close Indy win or a Detroit blowout. There's also a good chance that the Pacers blow it and the Pistons win it close.
So in other words??? your prediction is?? undecided??lol...j/k

·
Registered
366 Posts
Pacers 98
Pistons 82

Just like the last time we were there and hopefully somebody ***** slaps the big retard Ben Wallace

Reactions: Pacers Fan

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
DJMD said:
Pacers 98
Pistons 82

Just like the last time we were there and hopefully somebody ***** slaps the big retard Ben Wallace
That would be so satisfying, but it wouldn't happen because Detroit fans aren't going to hit their own player, and Indiana fans have too much self-respect to hit players.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The stupidity of the single moron will once again give the city a black eye.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Apparently we left the palace on the team bus, then came back but still aren't coming out.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jermaine, Eddie, and Freddie all signed autographs today in the crowd. We have some great and brave guys.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts