TV: WB4, ESPN
Radio: WIBC</center>

<center>Probable Starting Lineups:

Pacers:

Anthony Johnson/Reggie Miller/Stephen Jackson/Jeff Foster/Dale Davis

Cavs:

Eric Snow/Ira Newble/LeBron James/Drew Gooden/Anderson Varejao

NOTEWORTHY

Not that long ago, the scenario the Pacers face tonight would've been unthinkable. At the All-Star break, the Cavs were challenging the Pistons for the Central Division lead, while Indiana was below .500 and facing a battle just to earn a playoff spot.

When the teams meet in Conseco Fieldhouse, the Pacers could go a long way toward putting the Cavs behind them in the Eastern Conference playoff race. Their 97-79 victory in New York Tuesday night, coupled with Cleveland's crushing 111-80 home loss to New Jersey, pushed the Pacers (39-34) into sixth place, a full game ahead of the Cavs (38-35). A victory tonight would clinch the season series and give the Pacers the first tie-breaker, putting them in the driver's seat with just eight games remaining.

While the Pacers have survived injuries to starters Jermaine O'Neal and Jamaal Tinsley to post a 14-8 record since the break, the Cavs have gone 8-14 and are a team very much in turmoil in the wake of an ownership change. Coach Paul Silas was fired, replaced by former Pacers assistant Brendan Malone, who has since posted a 4-5 mark. And ESPN reported Tuesday night General Manager Jim Paxson would follow Silas out the door, perhaps as soon as this week.

To top it off, the Cavs lost two starters to injuries against the Nets. All-Star center Zydrunas Ilgauskas suffered a dislocated ring finger on his right hand and did not travel with the team to Indianapolis. After further examination and X-rays in Cleveland, it was determined today he will not join the team for tonight's game and is officially listed as out. Power forward Drew Gooden scored 16 points in 19 minutes before leaving with a left shoulder strain. He's listed as probable.

TRENDS

Stephen Jackson scored 33 points Tuesday night in New York, his third game of at least 30 points with the Pacers, all on the road. ... Jackson has averaged 22.7 points in the last 16 games. ... Reggie Miller has averaged 19.6 points in the last 16. ... Miller has made 58 consecutive free throws, four shy of his franchise record set last month. ... Miller is 127-of-129 from the line (98.4 percent) in the last 23 games). ... Anthony Johnson has averaged 13.7 points, 7.2 assists, 4.1 rebounds and just 2.14 turnovers while shooting 54.1 percent from the field and 54.1 percent from the arc in the last 14. ... Austin Croshere is 5-of-23 from the field in the last four. ... Eddie Gill is 7-of-28 from the 3-point line (.250) and just 2-of-17 inside the arc (.118) in the last 15 games.

SERIES

The Pacers are 2-1 against the Cavs this season and could clinch the series, and potential playoff tie-breaker, with a victory. The Cavs won 93-86 in Cleveland on March 13 as LeBron James scored 35 and Reggie Miller 29. The Pacers won 106-82 on Feb. 25 at home as Stephen Jackson went for 28 points. And the Pacers won the season-opener Nov. 3 in Cleveland, 109-104 in double-overtime despite 35 points and 18 rebounds from Ilgauskas. The Pacers lead the overall series 71-65 and are 43-23 at home.

KEY MATCHUP

Small Forward - James has put the team on his back of late, averaging 46.5 minutes, 31.3 points, 7.7 rebounds, 5.8 assists and 2.67 steals in the last six games. Though he's young, that's an incredibly heavy load for one player, particularly in terms of playing time, so the Pacers need Stephen Jackson to apply as much pressure as possible to James at both ends of the floor. No player can stop James; perhaps fatigue can.

INJURY REPORT

Pacers - G Fred Jones (lower back) is questionable; G Jamaal Tinsley (foot) is out; F Jermaine O'Neal (shoulder), F Jonathan Bender (knee) and C David Harrison (knee) are on the injured list; F Ron Artest is on the suspended list.
Cavs - F Drew Gooden (shoulder) is probable; C Zydrunas Ilgauskas (finger) is out; C Scott Williams (knee), F Luke Jackson (back) and G Dajuan Wagner (colitis) are on the injured list.
http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/preview_050406.html

The Cavs are just coming off a huge loss to NJ by 31 points. If we win this game, it'll be great to get us even farther ahead of Cleveland.

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
Hey Pacers Fan....the date is wrong on this. Don't wanna be an a** pointing it out, but it just caught my eye because I saw the March 6th which was my birthday so it made do a double take.

....and also, you have the nets starters as the cavs starting lineup.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
StephenJackson said:
Hey Pacers Fan....the date is wrong on this. Don't wanna be an a** pointing it out, but it just caught my eye because I saw the March 6th which was my birthday so it made do a double take.
I fixed the month, but I'm not sure on the date. I just asked the guy sitting near me.

....and also, you have the nets starters as the cavs starting lineup.
I guess I'm a little off today. Soon to be fixed.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just tuned into the game as Dale Davis played isolation from 15 feet out and ended up scoring. I'm not used to the rest of the country changing time while Indiana doesn't, so I tuned in almost an hour late.

46-30 Indiana with 1 minute left in the half

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jax had a nice defensive possession on LBJ, but Traylor still got the ball in the paint with 1 second on the shot clock and we fouled him. Reggie is fouled, steps out of bounds without the ball and glares at the ref, then hits a 3. lol

49-32 Indy at the end of the half

Reggie has 17 points.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Davis misses, and in the hustle for the rebound, the ball bounces to Scot Pollard who hits and the foul.

52-32 Indy with 10:30 left in the 3rd

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really, really love our frontcourt. We have three great rebounders, and when one has a bad game or is out, someone always steps up. Tonight both Pollard and Davis are having nice games.

56-39 Pacers with 8 minutes left in the 3rd

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice pass, AJ. No one was within 10 feet of that pass; even a Cavalier

58-41 Pacers with 6:20 left

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reggie steals off of a bad dribble and passes to Jax who gets the shot and was fouled.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Even though we're up 19, we're still giving a lot of hustle. That's why we've been playing so well lately.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cleveland's getting called for a foul on almost every loose ball. Heh, Snow called for a foul when Gill forearmed him to the floor. Idiots Indiana. We were double-teaming McInnis, but after two ballfakes and osme miscommunication, Jeff was wide open for the three at the buzzer. Thankfully, he missed it.

77-57 Pacers entering the 4th quarter.

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For a while I thought Eddie made a pretty bad play bringing the ball back out when there was only one man in the paint, but Gill passed it to Croshere who dunked.

79-57 Pacers with 10:40 left in the game

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm loving our constant screens. Whoever gets the ball gets a screen and this continues until someone gets a good shot. JJ hits a jumper, followed by Freddie's three.

86-61 Pacers with 8:43 left

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How was that not offensive goaltending on Diop? Either call it or don't give him the points.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
I usually love it when I get the chance to watch the Pacers on National TV, and seeing Cleveland choke makes it even better, but this game just got too boring for me when the Pacers went up by 25.

Cleveland is a very horrible team right now, and LeBron James is just a b****. Even friends of mine who used to like him are saying that. That play where he got stripped, didn't get back on transition defense, and yelled at Eric Snow when he committed the and-1, man, I like him even less than ever.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts