Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I knew Duncan didn't have that high of a vertical. Have you ever seen him play? He has good timimg on his jumps which is why he gets lots of tip dunks, but he struggles to actually dunk. He doesn't get that high off the ground. But his long arms make up for it. I read somewhere his vertical is like 26 inches.

I've known Madsen's vertical for awhile because it told his jump in his profile on nbadraft.net. Go back and look. He has a 30 inch vertical.

Hence, Madsen can jump higher than Duncan.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Mugsy Bogues used to have a very high Vertical Jump. I heard the guy could dunk. Not sure!! But it's no big deal for Duncan cuz he is so tall and big and an intelligent basketball player. He uses his size and quickness well enough to not need to jump to make his shots.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If mugsy bogues can dunk, I can beat Kobe in 1 on 1. Tim Duncan has no ups. That's true, but, why the hell does it matter? He doesn't enter dunk contests, so what's the big deal? He's 7 ft tall so he can already almost touch the rim! Does he do the tip off or Robinson?

·
Registered
62 Posts
good 4 u jg or whatever. Chick hern huy. Anywayz, I know spudd Webb could dunk. He was 5' 7"! Bogues is 5' 3"! Has Bogues officially retired? I know a 5' 8" guy who can dunk!

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Muggsy could dunk. Did you ever see his calves? Looked like tennis balls in his legs.

I knew a kid in HS that was 5'5" and could dunk. Why not Muggsy.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Well damn, Madsen will develop into a way better player cause of this...

-Petey

1 - 12 of 12 Posts