Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Noc eating Sbarro's and Baskin Robbins (captured with my ghetto camera phone)

I had a bunch of questions/comments running through my mind like "How's your leg?" "Do you think we will go for Fabricio?", "Great win last night!" but what came out of my mouth was : "Durrrr, hello...durrr"

Ben Gordon was there today (Sunday) as well but his was an autograph session ($25) to get in line.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Noc was eating Sbarro's? :sour:

He played in Europe long enough that Sbarro's imitation italian food should be far enough from the real thing to convince him to steer clear. I mean he could have had a sandwich at Corner Bakery would at least have been tasty.

Sbarro's. :sour:

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
I'm assuming that that is his wife sitting across from him with his newborn in the stroller?

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
"Mmmm...perfecto!"

Spongy, nice paparazzi shot. I think we'll see it in the next edition of The Star. I'd expect this more from superdave, who's probably going to be jealous that you got so close to his idol and inspiration.

It's also good to see he went out and bought my book, "PC Load Letter's Nutritional Guidelines: Eat to Live, Don't Live to Eat...Just Kidding" and is following it quite nicely.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
Also, if Noc puts on a couple of lbs in the offseason, are the Sbarro's and Baskin Robbins jokes going to be a flowing?

Reporter: What's your favorite American food?
Noc: Pepperoni Sbarro's and two scoops of Macadamia Nut.

Jokes aside, had I been in your shoes, I probably would have told him about bbb.net and the Noc appreciation thread and congratulated him on his new baby.

·
Premium Member
6,940 Posts
spongyfungy said:
Noc eating Sbarro's and Baskin Robbins (captured with my ghetto camera phone)

I had a bunch of questions/comments running through my mind like "How's your leg?" "Do you think we will go for Fabricio?", "Great win last night!" but what came out of my mouth was : "Durrrr, hello...durrr"

Ben Gordon was there today (Sunday) as well but his was an autograph session ($25) to get in line.
I ran into Luol and Tommy Smith at Northbrook court a while back.

·
Reverse Psychologist
2,553 Posts
I remember hearing on a radio station that Sam Smith swears that Sbarro's is the best pizza in the city and always eats there when he's at Northbrook Court (figures).

I used to work at the Corner Bakery in Northbrook Court and I'd see Bulls all the time. I saw:

Jake Voskuhl (2x)
Jamal Crawford
Eddy Curry
Tyson Chandler (ordered a pepperoni pizza from us)
Roger Mason Jr.
Eddie Robinson (2x)

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Sbarro's and Baskin Robbins, eh? Did he have his ice cream just sitting there while he ate his pizza? Didn't it melt? Or did he attack his food quickly and passionately enough such that there were no problems...?

I need to hang out at Northbrook Court sometime...

·
Bulls/Chisox Fan
1,504 Posts
Wow, getting to meet bulls at random places would be awesome.. you people are lucky!

·
Skokie, IL 60076
17,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TomBoerwinkle#1 said:
Noc was eating Sbarro's? :sour:

He played in Europe long enough that Sbarro's imitation italian food should be far enough from the real thing to convince him to steer clear. I mean he could have had a sandwich at Corner Bakery would at least have been tasty.

Sbarro's. :sour:
Well that was my reaction too. Why there? He better enjoy relative anonymity.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
spongystalkerazzi! i love it.

this is a good thread to post the latest "Out Loud" featuring none other than chapu!

some highlights:

~ When I arrived in Chicago, I couldn't understand nothing.

~ I need to learn good words. It's good for me to watch more TV. I need to learn more English because sometimes I can't understand the people.

~ Chicago, it's the best city I've been in. It's very nice, very comfortable, huge. The downtown is incredible.

~ Maybe the weather is not good.

~ Sometime the traffic is very bad. From the north to the United Center is very hard in traffic. But that's the only thing. I like this city.

~ My father was a basketball player. He loves basketball. He's crazy for basketball. Now he's very happy that I play in the NBA. It's dream for him and for me.

~ I have one brother. He plays in the first divison in Italy. He's very good too.

~ For me, it's the best experience of my life (the 2004 Summer Olympics). Not for the gold medal, but it's the Olympic Games. To play the Olympic Games with my country, with my blood, is very important. We won the gold medal. It's a dream. It's a dream I never want to wake up.

~ The U.S. Dream Team didn't play together because everybody is a star. It's no good. You need teammates.

~ The plane is very comfortable. It's incredible. It's huge. Very nice.

~ My nickname is Chapu. It's a TV comic program in Mexico. The people called me Chapu when I was young, 5 years old. I don't know why. Everybody calls me Chapu, but here it's Noce. I prefer Chapu.

~ I play tough. If somebody's angry, it's not my problem.

~ Charles Barkley, for me, is the best for the mentality. The mind is very strong. He's a very tough player.

~ I think we have the team for the playoffs. It's a young team, a new team. I think we need more time for work together. But I think the team has a good mentality. We need to believe in ourselves. We need to work together for the team. I think we have good, young talent.

~ And I think we have the possibility for a ride to the playoffs.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...ocioni,1,6816143.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Man, this thread makes me happy. The fact that my cousin got to meet Noch, even happier

:clap: :cheers:

·
Train Em While Young.....
3,628 Posts
What is Northbrook Court? A Mall? Did Nocioni say anything to you?

My friend and I ran into Desmond Clark (TE of the Bears) at Best Buy in Schaumburg... he was lookin at CDs.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
BealeFarange said:
Sbarro's and Baskin Robbins, eh? Did he have his ice cream just sitting there while he ate his pizza? Didn't it melt? Or did he attack his food quickly and passionately enough such that there were no problems...?

I need to hang out at Northbrook Court sometime...
Beale, I gotta say that literally made me LOL...thanks for the laugh.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Ha....Spongy, that was a cool pic!! As you know, I dont know about Chicago.
Why is everyone talking about this Sbarro's place? Is it that terrible?

And you need to take some spanish lessons!! Now with Chapu on the Bulls and with the Cubs/White Sox in town (many latinos!), its definetely a plus!

:banana:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Me famous in Argentina? Yeah. I think in Argentina now after the Olympic Games, basketball now is very important. Everybody knows who Manu Ginobili is and who Andres Nocioni is because we play in the NBA. People watch a lot of games of the NBA. I think basketball now is like soccer in Argentina now. Two years ago, no. But now, it's like soccer. Everybody says, `Did you watch the Nocioni game? Did you watch the Ginobili game?' It's very important now.

Who are you kidding, Chapu? :clown:

You are not famous here, unlike Manu who is known widely across the country. There arent many NBA games to watch here, so how can people watch a so many games? And basketball isnt like soccer here, popularity wise. After the Olympic Games, no one cares about basketball, only true and real basketball fans.

Yeah, now I know why this Sbarro's thing is so terrible!!

:chee:

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
El Chapu said:
Ha....Spongy, that was a cool pic!! As you know, I dont know about Chicago.
Why is everyone talking about this Sbarro's place? Is it that terrible?

And you need to take some spanish lessons!! Now with Chapu on the Bulls and with the Cubs/White Sox in town (many latinos!), its definetely a plus!

:banana:
Sbarro's is basically the fast food of Italian. It is definately higher quality than your traditional fast food place (McDonalds), but not by much.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts