Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at it stat wise, Ha isn't doing that bad compared to the other bigmen in this years draft. He is doinfg better than Swift and Podkolzin, and Ramos is pretty close. If we do the same comparison next year, what will we see?

Ha Seung-Jin (#46th verall) 7'4

Games: 9
Miutes: 26
Pts: 6
Reb:4
Ast: 2
Blk: 2
Pf: 5

Robert Swift (#12th overall) 7'0

Games: 13
Minutes: 48
Pts: 4
Reb: 2
Ast: 2
Blk: 1
Pf: 11

Peter Ramos (#32 overall) 7'3

Games: 4
Minutes: 16
Pts: 6
Reb: 4
Ast: 0
Blk: 1
Pf: 4

Pavel Podkolzin (#31st overall) 7'5

Games: 3
Minutes: 5
Pts: 1
Reb: 1
Ast: 0
Blk: 0
Pf: 1

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
i would say compared to them HA was a steal and people are starting to realize that when they watching practice.

·
Registered
910 Posts
a steal, lol. a steal in the draft is someone who comes in and scores like 10 ppg, get some boards and plays alot. ha has like 6 points the entire season, and looks like he has no clue how to play basketball when he is out there.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
did you read my post? i said compared to them he was a steal, geez reading too much into it.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tradetheo said:
a steal, lol. a steal in the draft is someone who comes in and scores like 10 ppg, get some boards and plays alot. ha has like 6 points the entire season, and looks like he has no clue how to play basketball when he is out there.
It's not Ha's fault Mo Chees didn't play the youngsters at all

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
you also have to take into consideration that Seattle, Dallas and Washington are all pretty good teams that are locks for the playoffs. I'm not trying to diss on your man, but my bet is that Ha's come in during garbage time more often than the other three who may have been put in to relieve someone for spot minutes.

Aside from that, I'm impressed with what he's been doing considering his draft position.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
CelticPagan said:
Pavel has 1 point? :clap:

I remember when people were talking about tanking the season so we could draft him #1 overall.
LMAO and when people wanted us to pass on Telfair to draft him.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
he's 7'3. probably in the top ten in the NBA in height. probably the only meaningful statistic at this stage of his career.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Heres the deal with all of those guys. For the most part, they are all project centers. Swift came from high school and the other three are internationals, so they haven't developed their games as much.

For Pavel you have to realize that he did miss some time due to the pituitary gland issue, which I believe they fixed with surgery.

Anyways, I personally was expecting us to perhaps use of #23 draft pick on Ha...I was shocked when we were able to pick him up in the second round. And I'm really happy that we did, as he could potentially be a player in the league.

For now I'm just really, REALLY content with Joel being the man for the indefinite future. But Ha could be quite good. Definately worthy of a mid second round pick. The fact that he is even playing close to as well as some of these other players, all of which went before him, is a good thing to me.

And we drafted the first Korean BB player...props to the PR department :)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Im not a homosexual but they are some of the uglyest guys i have ever seen

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
It's interesting that there are four very young, very large centers that are all riding the pines this year. At this point, Ha looks like the best value of the four.

It's clearly far too early to make any predictions based on the stats or the lack of stats from their first seasons. Next year things should start to clear up as to which players are going to be around beyond their first NBA contract.

Ed O.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
It should be interesting how Swift turns out. Some of the internationals don't really have a ton of skills...but I remember Ainge being so estatic about Swift that Swift stopped working out really early last spring. Taking a chance, the Sonics used their lotto pick on him.

As a result, Boston got Jefferson....so I guess we can blame not getting Jefferson on Seattle.

Anywho...I wouldn't count out Swift...but they all have a long way to go to amount to anything.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts