Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe it is. HA needs to learn how to dominate smaller guys and react before he is ready for play at this level. College centers play against small competition for a few years before they come to the NBA with the occasional big man to match up against. HA needs to do this so he can figure out where he needs to be on the court to make plays, how to hold the ball so the little guys don't strip him of it, and how to establish post position. Defensively he needs to learn how to be the last wall of defense in case the perimeter players get smoked, and how to time it so he can block shots instead of just fouling somebody hard.

Mike Rice mentioned last night he was concerned that the NBDL guys won't pass him the ball. This is a genuine concern, but if HA is to improve, one of the things he needs to learn how to do is to be effective without getting the ball. In fact being effective at anything other then plugging up the middle a bit would be pretty nice.

Basically what it comes down to for me, is that I believe that HA really needs to learn how to play basketball in general, before ever being an option for the Blazer bench. Send him down, even against smaller players he will at least get a basketball IQ training session, and get used to the speed of the game.

· Registered
6,509 Posts
hasoos said:
I believe it is. HA needs to learn how to dominate smaller guys and react before he is ready for play at this level. College centers play against small competition for a few years before they come to the NBA with the occasional big man to match up against. HA needs to do this so he can figure out where he needs to be on the court to make plays, how to hold the ball so the little guys don't strip him of it, and how to establish post position. Defensively he needs to learn how to be the last wall of defense in case the perimeter players get smoked, and how to time it so he can block shots instead of just fouling somebody hard.

Mike Rice mentioned last night he was concerned that the NBDL guys won't pass him the ball. This is a genuine concern, but if HA is to improve, one of the things he needs to learn how to do is to be effective without getting the ball. In fact being effective at anything other then plugging up the middle a bit would be pretty nice.

Basically what it comes down to for me, is that I believe that HA really needs to learn how to play basketball in general, before ever being an option for the Blazer bench. Send him down, even against smaller players he will at least get a basketball IQ training session, and get used to the speed of the game.
There's only a couple games left in the NBDL season. If they were going to send him down, I bet they would have done it earlier.

· Registered
5,731 Posts
Why not just send him back to High School in Korea then?

Nate needs to quit wasting valuable games by playing Dixon, Skinner, Miles and Theo, who will not be a part of the future and play Ha, Travis, Viktor, and Martell... who will be.

Pritchard had the right idea last year and we still had a chance at the playoffs.

Wins, which we're not getting anyway even with Nate's lineups, mean less than nothing at this point.

PT for the future players means everything.

· Registered
1,564 Posts
Fork said:
There's only a couple games left in the NBDL season. If they were going to send him down, I bet they would have done it earlier.

he is going down for their next game and there is only like 5 or 6 games left but they are the #1 team in the NBDL which means they will probably win the ship...so he'll get a good 10 or so games down there which is benficial to him

· Registered
5,891 Posts
to get him in game shape when he comes back they will be playing him a lot!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.