Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-27588972

Several users of Apple devices in Australia have reported that their gadgets have been "hijacked" - with a message demanding money.
Experts believed the hack had targeted users by exploiting the Find my iPhone feature.
A message appeared on some targeted phones asking for "$100 USD/EUR" to be sent to a PayPal account.
Mobile networks have advised affected users to contact Apple, which has not yet commented on the problem.
It appeared that the attacker gained access to users' iCloud accounts, the cloud storage service offered by Apple that is able to access devices remotely.
PayPal has said any funds sent to the specified account would be refunded.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Back in 2014 it was pretty uncommon to hear about smartphone hacking as far as I recall, much has changed since then. I also use iOS and do stay on public Wi-Fi a lot, at first didn't know first thing about mobile phone security and twice had to go to apple support because I cought some malware. Been reading a lot about phone security since then and even the most basic tips help, such as not clicking on suspicious links or checking to see what apps drain more battery that you don't use or never seen before

1 - 3 of 3 Posts