Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Chick was a legend who we will never forget. My prayers go ou to his family.

We miss you Chick and you wont ever be forgotten

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I just can't believe it, one day he's there the other day he's gone.
This has been a extremely tough year for the sports world.

RIP Chick, I love you man.:cry:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Best there ever was PERIOD ! :cry: I can't belive he is gone. I feel like I've lost a family member :cry: Watching Laker basketball will never be the same :cry:

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Wow I can't believe Chick actually invented

airball
slaaaam dunk
charity stripe
finger roll
no-look pass
throws up a prayer
ticky-tack
triple-double,

just to name a few

These are pretty generic terms. Had no idea Chick invented all these. I knew about "slam dunk" and "airball" but "triple double" ?? Are you effin kidding me ? That's an official stat category !!! WOW !! What a man Chick was !!

Thanks for the link Ron.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
R.I.P. Francis Dayle Hearn, "Chick"

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Chick Hearn.....born in Aurora, Il., a suburb of Chicago in 1916......one of only 21 men elected to broadcaster's Hall of Fame....one of only three broadcasters elected to basketball Hall of Fame......called every single game from Nov.21 1965 to Dec.20 2001, a streak that lasted 36 years and 3,338 consecutive games...never regained conciousness after suffering a fall in his Encino home.
Rest in Peace, Chick.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
nba.com has some great video and audio of him. Today it's in the upper right hand corner of the page, under nba tv.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
I've been thinking about this today, as the radio station played Chick memorials and dedications, I don't think it's possible for me to feel closer to a stranger than I felt to Chick. You could argue that he was as valuable to the Lakers as any player, and that the Lakers would of considered getting rid of Kobe or Shaq before Chick. Listening to a Chick-ism is just as entertaining as a Shaq or Kobe slam. He certainly was more valuable than any player in the early-mid 90's when I first became a Laker fan. Which is why when I went to my first live game in 94 I seeked his autograph first before trying to get one from any player. At least I have a fond last image of Chick, cracking jokes at the parade while telling the manager guy "what do you think this is? a dress rehersal?!" :laugh:

I don't think I'll be able to watch or listen to a Laker game without thinking about him again...

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Jemel Irief</b>!
I don't think I'll be able to watch or listen to a Laker game without thinking about him again...
No doubt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts