Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
He is certainly extremely athletic, but there have been a lot of Darius Mileses, who was considerably more talented and has never developed much

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Yes...how 'bout him?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
There are multiple Darius Mileses!? These creatures will devour us all!

Reactions: Kunlun

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
I don't really like the Dmiles comparison much either, other than for his length and athleticism and build. Darius meets Shareef perhaps? that makes for a pretty fine prospect IMO. He should go in the lotto.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
I don't really like him, but with the athleticism and the shot blocking he brings in this weak draft I think he's got a good shot at the lottery. His shot is just painful to watch though and he can't handle the ball at all meaning he won't be able to break down a man. He'll probably be a starter on a really bad team or an 8th man on a good team, but I don't think he's a great player by any means. Defensive stopper maybe, but I'm not even sure if he's that quick.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
no he was darius miles when he stepped on campus his soph year. He's developed his game tremendously. He'll be lottery, and impact player for sure. Was Miles NCAA All-American?

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
NYKBaller said:
I got him going to the Raptors...

Why Raps? They've already got a pretty good skinny PF. I don't think they need another.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
JNice said:
Why Raps? They've already got a pretty good skinny PF. I don't think they need another.
A lot of people are banking on him to play the SF in the league, which is more realistic than him playing the PF spot, IMO.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
knickstorm said:
no he was darius miles when he stepped on campus his soph year. He's developed his game tremendously. He'll be lottery, and impact player for sure. Was Miles NCAA All-American?
Miles was good enough to be a lottery pick straight out of high school, but has never lived up to the hype because he doesnt put forth any effort or seem to care......

·
Registered
443 Posts
Warrick is one of those rare seniors in that despite being in college for 4 years he still has a lot of upside... I think after it's all said a done he'll be in the 16-22 range

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
Miles was good enough to be a lottery pick straight out of high school, but has never lived up to the hype because he doesnt put forth any effort or seem to care......
Not just a lottery pick, wasn't D Miles #3 overall?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
zagsfan20 said:
Warrick just wasnt recruited for one reason or another. He was always an athletic freak and that's all Miles was when he got drafted. Only difference is Hakim's honed his game, while Miles is still an athletic freak and nothing else. That's why i said you can't compare him to Miles. Look at the NCAA All AMerican and Wooden Award Candidates, how many pure athletic freaks are there?? Miles probably can't even make it if he went back to the college game.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
No offense, but if D Miles gets to go up against Warrick in the NBA I think he abuses him for 30. To suggest Warrick is better than Miles is completely rediculous; Warrick isn't even in that class of athlete anyway, his long arms make up for a lot. I'm not saying he's a poor athlete, but he's NO Darius Miles. Miles can at least handle the ball a little bit too.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Nimreitz said:
That is a lottery pick....

·
Registered
17,279 Posts

I consider #3 significantly better than #14 even though their both lottery picks. If you just call Duncan a "lottery pick" I don't think that really gives enough respect to his draft position, which was #1. Same for Melo or D Miles at #3.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Nimreitz said:
No offense, but if D Miles gets to go up against Warrick in the NBA I think he abuses him for 30. To suggest Warrick is better than Miles is completely rediculous; Warrick isn't even in that class of athlete anyway, his long arms make up for a lot. I'm not saying he's a poor athlete, but he's NO Darius Miles. Miles can at least handle the ball a little bit too.
You'd be surprised. Hakin brought the ball up the floor (kinda like KG does in Minny) over a few stretches when McNamara was in foul trouble at the start of the year, and Boeheim didn't trust the freshman with it. And true both of his arms are like an inch longer than they should be, but he can get waaayyy up tehre nonetheless. I think he'll surprise some people at this level. Oh yeah, and they play different positions, so Hak wouldn't even be guarding him.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts