Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can't rebuild halfway.

Phoenix is rebuilding. Atlanta is now rebuilding-- they will let Rasheed,Person and Terry walk and will be well under the cap. Boston is just screwing around. Last night the TNT commentators talked about how tough it is to rebuld in Boston because the city demands a winner. That's total BS. Didn't we live through a 15-win season under ML Carr? Didn't we live through horrible losing seasons under Pitino?

Basically this team is the vestiges of a failed rebuild under Pitino. It's time to finish the job now.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I don't think Ainge is finished. I'm guessing he'll make a trade before the deadline and then look to the summer to see who he can sign and draft. I highly doubt Carroll will be around after this season either. I don't agree with everything Ainge has done, but I do know you can count on him to not sit idly by.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mrsister</b>!
I don't think Ainge is finished. I'm guessing he'll make a trade before the deadline and then look to the summer to see who he can sign and draft. I highly doubt Carroll will be around after this season either. I don't agree with everything Ainge has done, but I do know you can count on him to not sit idly by.
if Caroll is here the whole season, then that fact alone is enough to prove that Ainge is tanking.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
What is the reactions to the Ainge Interview?

Seriously, what can we get for maybe

$6,600,000-Chris Mihm
$8,178,750-Raef Lafrentz

I mean, it would be tough to give up both centers. I am just saying maybe offer one.

I dont know what we need more, a Center, or a second scoring option.

Probably a player who can do both!

Any Ideas of a F/A this summer

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
I've said it before and I'll say it again. You can't rebuild halfway.

Phoenix is rebuilding. Atlanta is now rebuilding-- they will let Rasheed,Person and Terry walk and will be well under the cap. Boston is just screwing around. Last night the TNT commentators talked about how tough it is to rebuld in Boston because the city demands a winner. That's total BS. Didn't we live through a 15-win season under ML Carr? Didn't we live through horrible losing seasons under Pitino?

Basically this team is the vestiges of a failed rebuild under Pitino. It's time to finish the job now.

I'm tired of the this as well. If two or three years from now we don't have a team that can compete, then i will ***** and moan with you, but you evidently have no patience for what is going on, when it plays out, then we can decide, like I said, this year is a wash, I think you know that, we are alla frustrated, but we must deal, lets see what happens next season, because i think then this "plan" Ainge has will start to unfold.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Originally posted by <b>PatBateman</b>!

if Caroll is here the whole season, then that fact alone is enough to prove that Ainge is tanking.
I said a few days ago in another post that if McCarty plays and Hunter sits, they are going to be in the lottery whether they want to be or not.

Last night we saw McCarty playing and both Mihm and Hunter on the Bench watching the team get outrebounded by 15. We also watched McCarty's outstanding defense on Eric Williams.

Meanwhile, Banks had a good game, but with the score tied halfway through the 4th quarter Marcus was benched in favor of journeyman Mike.

Draw your own conclusions.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Re: Re: Half-Arsed Rebuilding

Originally posted by <b>Richie Rich</b>!

I'm tired of the this as well. If two or three years from now we don't have a team that can compete, then i will ***** and moan with you, but you evidently have no patience for what is going on, when it plays out, then we can decide, like I said, this year is a wash, I think you know that, we are alla frustrated, but we must deal, lets see what happens next season, because i think then this "plan" Ainge has will start to unfold.
"no patience" hmm, I don't know why people like to see Walter McCarty develop into something. I'm not, and no one else is, patient with a team that plays vets and lets the young guys ride the pine.

Maybe you can't rebuild in Boston since everyone wants to win, but every fan in Boston wants to tank a season or two, let the young guys play (and let it be fun to watch) and get a great future franchise player. But no, Ainge has this "vision" where you are a better team when you get all the players from Cleveland and expect to win a championship.

Also the ticket prices of this team aren't helping attrack people.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
one bad trade, one good one

can you guys imagine this line-up for a moment:

Banks
Davis
Pierce
Walker
Mihm

:yes: :yes: :yes:

oh well, one good, one bad Danny boy, and the lottery here we come. Ainge is a jerk for not giving Walker a chance. A real jerk.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Re: one bad trade, one good one

can you guys imagine this line-up for a moment:

Banks
Davis
Pierce
Walker
Mihm

:yes: :yes: :yes:

oh well, one good, one bad Danny boy, and the lottery here we come. Ainge is a jerk for not giving Walker a chance. A real jerk.
Or getting his value up first then trade him for Rasheed Wallace for some money help...or something close to that.

EDIT: BTW IMO that lineup would be running a lot, and maybe Pierce would catch the fever of running also.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The problem with Ainge's 3-year plan is that it is really a six-year plan given how they are going about it.

They are wasting a full year in developing their rookie talent, plus another year screwing around with coaching changes. I'm adding a third year for good measure.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Re: one bad trade, one good one

I think Walker could've easily fit into the Celtics plans. He's thriving on an up-tempo team. He's taken a backseat to more than one star. He's rebounding like he used to. With the right coach and more talent around him, he's shown he can adapt. I think that's all Boston needed. Yes, the team had gone as far as that incarnation of the team was going to go, but then they never did get that point guard or inside presence they were lacking to find out how much further it could go, and they still had OB.

Banks, Davis, Pierce, Walker, and Mihm wouldn't have gotten them a championship this year, but that sure is a good basis to build on. In a year or two, Hunter and Perkins would come into their own, and that would be a formiddable force in the East. Ainge talks about patience, but I think he's guilty of impatience himself.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Re: Re: one bad trade, one good one

Originally posted by <b>mrsister</b>!

I think Walker could've easily fit into the Celtics plans. He's thriving on an up-tempo team. He's taken a backseat to more than one star. He's rebounding like he used to. With the right coach and more talent around him, he's shown he can adapt. I think that's all Boston needed. Yes, the team had gone as far as that incarnation of the team was going to go, but then they never did get that point guard or inside presence they were lacking to find out how much further it could go, and they still had OB.

Banks, Davis, Pierce, Walker, and Mihm wouldn't have gotten them a championship this year, but that sure is a good basis to build on. In a year or two, Hunter and Perkins would come into their own, and that would be a formiddable force in the East. Ainge talks about patience, but I think he's guilty of impatience himself.
excellent post

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Half-Arsed Rebuilding

Originally posted by <b>aquaitious</b>!

"no patience" hmm, I don't know why people like to see Walter McCarty develop into something. I'm not, and no one else is, patient with a team that plays vets and lets the young guys ride the pine.

Maybe you can't rebuild in Boston since everyone wants to win, but every fan in Boston wants to tank a season or two, let the young guys play (and let it be fun to watch) and get a great future franchise player. But no, Ainge has this "vision" where you are a better team when you get all the players from Cleveland and expect to win a championship.

Also the ticket prices of this team aren't helping attrack people.

And you are calling me out because? I am all for playing a starting lineup of Hunter, Pierce, Banks, Welsch, and Mihm and having davis off the bench and giving perkins time. All I sed was we need patience meaning we arent going to win either way. No i dont want to see walter play 30+ minz i never sed that. u are evidently putting words into my mouth because i have been an advocate of playing the young guys all along. i believe developing the young guys this year in a season which there is no pt in trying to make the pLayoffs ne way is an excellent idea because that could mean one year earlier we start to get bak 2 contention b/c our young guys will geT the experience they DESPERATELY NEED. Banks, Davis, Welsch, and Pierce shud all play 30+ minz a game. Hunter should get i dunno 20 and perkins at least 8-10, more depending on how well he adapts.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Half-Arsed Rebuilding

Originally posted by <b>Richie Rich</b>!

And you are calling me out because? I am all for playing a starting lineup of Hunter, Pierce, Banks, Welsch, and Mihm and having davis off the bench and giving perkins time. All I sed was we need patience meaning we arent going to win either way. No i dont want to see walter play 30+ minz i never sed that. u are evidently putting words into my mouth because i have been an advocate of playing the young guys all along. i believe developing the young guys this year in a season which there is no pt in trying to make the pLayoffs ne way is an excellent idea because that could mean one year earlier we start to get bak 2 contention b/c our young guys will geT the experience they DESPERATELY NEED. Banks, Davis, Welsch, and Pierce shud all play 30+ minz a game. Hunter should get i dunno 20 and perkins at least 8-10, more depending on how well he adapts.
Because you said BJ has "no patience" and neither do I or anyone else to watch Walter McCarty player. I know you want to see the young guys play too (I've been reading your posts for a longer time then most people here...I know) but I can't show patience watching Walter McCarty, because he's developed and won't be much else but a 3 point shooter and flopper.

I would LOVE to see the young guys develop and if it takes 6 years, I'll wait.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Half-Arsed Rebuilding

Originally posted by <b>aquaitious</b>!

Because you said BJ has "no patience" and neither do I or anyone else to watch Walter McCarty player. I know you want to see the young guys play too (I've been reading your posts for a longer time then most people here...I know) but I can't show patience watching Walter McCarty, because he's developed and won't be much else but a 3 point shooter and flopper.

I would LOVE to see the young guys develop and if it takes 6 years, I'll wait.

Hey aqua, buddy, lol, I agree with u. I want the young guys, I don'T want McCarty, and I will wait as well, yep, we agree ;).

·
Registered
654 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
As long as he gets rid of McCarty I don't care what else he does.
Yeah, I'm finally getting tired of Walter. Great guy for shooting perimeter 3's but other than that, what does he do?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Why the world waltah still plays is a mystery. perhaps it is that every month we get a game out of him like the philly game.. play perkins, hunter...

Perhaps the reason they dont play is because ainge is trying to hide them to focus trade talks with other teams on his garbage..

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Originally posted by <b>voice of reality</b>!

Perhaps the reason they dont play is because ainge is trying to hide them to focus trade talks with other teams on his garbage..
Thats what I'm thinking, the more McCarty plays, the better his numbers are. Making him look better for when he gets traded(hopefully).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts