Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not hearing anything right after the heels lost over a week ago had some fans nervous, but apparently Roy has used his NBA contacts to get a feel for where Tyler would be in the draft; sat down with tyler and discussed his options, and Tyler has decided to stay.

"I visited with Tyler, as well as his mom and his dad, to give them information I had gathered from NBA people," says Williams. "I asked Tyler to tell me what he wanted to do. He stated he easily wanted to stay in school and felt he could improve as a player. I agreed with that, but at the same time I wanted him to know he would definitely be a No. 1 draft choice this year and I wanted him to do what he wanted to do. His mom and dad completely support his decision. We are looking forward to having him be part of our team next year. It's always important for us to do what is best for the individual off the court and that is why I shared with him the information I collected."

· just foul
6,900 Posts
He's dumb if he stays. Tyler's old for his class, overachieving, and undersized. Dude needs to jump now; especially with Carolina's killer class coming in the fall.

Unless you're a blue-chip NBA prospect (Aldridge/Gay/etc), you have to strike while the iron is hot.

· Registered
5,859 Posts
RebelSun said:
He's dumb if he stays. Tyler's old for his class, overachieving, and undersized. Dude needs to jump now; especially with Carolina's killer class coming in the fall.

Unless you're a blue-chip NBA prospect (Aldridge/Gay/etc), you have to strike while the iron is hot.

Please stop being retarded. Hansbrough will probably be the National Player of the Year next year. He is very good already, but you can easily see where he can and I think will improve. He's very agressive, and once he learns some more post moves, and how to pass out of double and triple teams he's going to be unstoppable. Especially with all the talent around at UNC next year. Whenever he comes out he'll be a 1st rounder, and probably lottery. But he's not ready yet, and plus he wants a championship.

· Registered
1,623 Posts
Carbo04 said:
Please stop being retarded. Hansbrough will probably be the National Player of the Year next year. He is very good already, but you can easily see where he can and I think will improve. He's very agressive, and once he learns some more post moves, and how to pass out of double and triple teams he's going to be unstoppable. Especially with all the talent around at UNC next year. Whenever he comes out he'll be a 1st rounder, and probably lottery. But he's not ready yet, and plus he wants a championship.
yeah next year we're gonna have one of the greatest teams of all time. holy crap we're gonna be so good its sick!!!

· Registered
1,305 Posts
RebelSun is right. Hansbrough would've been better entering the draft. He has been way better than expected this year. Now the expectations are up. If he doesn't do any spectacular next year (say winning the NPOY), his stock will fall. And with Brandan Wright heading to UNC, I don't see Hansbrough being the top dog of his team next year. At least not the way he was this year. Once your're a rumored to be a first round pick, you've got pretty much to lose by not entering and seize your chance.

Reactions: PaCeRhOLiC

· just foul
6,900 Posts
Carbo04 said:
Tyler is still a 6'8, 20 year-old freshman PF, who isn't a freak athlete, isn't a superb rebounder, and doesn't block shots. He's like Marcus Fizer, IMO. Dude would have to average like 25ppg next year for his stock to be higher than it is now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.