Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an article in the Chicago-Sun Times Scott Skiles offered his assessment of Nates coaching ethics:
Link to article

''He's demanding a level of work from his players, and the league needs all of that it can get. I'm a fan of that. I think we're paying people an awful amount of money, and the bare minimum ought to be a good day's work that you get -- and I know Nate believes the same thing, and he's in a spot where he was hired to do that.''
You mean that players who get payed millions have to work hard to earn their paycheck? Every coach needs to have this mentality.

·
Registered
922 Posts
WebZen said:
In an article in the Chicago-Sun Times Scott Skiles offered his assessment of Nates coaching ethics:
Link to article

You mean that players who get payed millions have to work hard to earn their paycheck? Every coach needs to have this mentality.
Not only do more coaches need this mentality, but more General Managers need to give their coaches the hammer to demand this. Fan's also need to patient and give the coach a little leway and continue to cheer despite some rough spots.

·
Registered
825 Posts
furball said:
Not only do more coaches need this mentality, but more General Managers need to give their coaches the hammer to demand this. Fan's also need to patient and give the coach a little leway and continue to cheer despite some rough spots.
The coaches are just now getting that hammer. They are now paying coaches a salary that does not make it easy for management to jettison them if the players tune him out. By shortening player contracts and being more fiscally responsible with the salary cap, coaches have more leverage. It is a great revelation. Hopefully the players now learn how to set picks, pass, shoot, etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts