1 - 20 of 206 Posts

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
6'8" 225
Small Forward
North Carolina (2010)

Ranked a consensus top 2 player in the current senior class. Going to North Carolina to play for Roy Williams. Very skilled, athletic wing who plays very under control. Reminds me of Evan Turner, but likely only going to college for one season.

Currently playing on ESPN2 for those who want to watch.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Re: Harrison Barnes

woooooooo can't wait for HB to come play for the Heels, just the kind of player we need, a good do it all player, can shoot, can break down a defense off the dribble, passes, rebounds, defends. Not only that but it's obvious that he has been very well coached, great fundamentals on his shot, a really beautiful consistent release, patient scoring near the basket, plays hard but like you said, under control and with great balance.

Unfortunately I will have graduated by the time he comes around.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Harrison Barnes

He is going to be a monster for us, Reminds me of Evan Turner in ways (HB deserves credit for this comparison btw) and should fit into our system from day one.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Re: Harrison Barnes (UNC 2010)

Besides dribbling so low to the ground, he is pretty much a flawless player on offense. At that size and with his ball handling skills he can get anywhere he wants on the court. Really high bball IQ on this guy.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Re: Harrison Barnes (UNC 2010)

lol, HB i should ve known he was going to UNC

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
He's better than T-mac at the same age, and even better than Kobe. I don't want to be making such crazy comparisons, but this guy is the real deal at the wing level.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
You better hope he does something because then people will think you're named after him and not short for hotbwoi :jr:

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
LOL this is why you dont make posts like this especially when the guy is named Harrison Barnes. Probably the worst game you will see out of him this season. Too good of a player to not get ticked about his performance and not work out on his game.

I do worry about the system UNC is using this season though, way too many 3 pt shots. They almost look like Louisville out there.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Daaaaamn, I know what HB stands for now.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
The national title team was before we lost pretty much our big man depth, still a damn good team though. Thing with Barnes if you watched that game was that every shot he missed looked good, that guy is seriously talented. Do you realize if he made just two of his 3's, we win that game? I like the team, Marshall is better than I expected. HB is legit. They'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
He wasn't? Was Kobe the number one high school recruit in the nation? Kobe was a dynamite scorer no doubt but Barnes game isn't to dominate the ball

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
He wasn't? Was Kobe the number one high school recruit in the nation? Kobe was a dynamite scorer no doubt but Barnes game isn't to dominate the ball
Don't be stupid with this #1 recruit crap. Kobe was more than a dynamite scorer in HS.

Plus I am not real sure he is the #1 pick in this draft.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
Kobe was a VERY immature player coming into the league. Why do you think he was benched so much? Barnes is a very poised guy and it shows in his game. Extremely polished. He does everything on the court well. Kobe was not as good a shooter as Barnes at this level either, dont let the 0-12 performance of last night fool you. This guy's a really good shooter. You are telling me Kobe at that age was a better all around player than Barnes? And if Barnes isn't the number 1 pick, who is? He has more talent than Shelby, Kanter and Sullinger.

But really though Barnes like I said earlier reminds me more of Tmac

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I was shocked at how Barnes barely even looked at putting the ball on the floor or going to the basket period. He's a good shooter but not great at this stage, and either way if that is all he can do he's going to be a major bust.

I would imagine he'll figure this out eventually, but still...

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
The whole system, or at least what I saw of that offense is just silly right now. Don't understand why Roy just lets them shoot 3's like that.

1 - 20 of 206 Posts