Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Best High School prospect in the entire country. It would be wise to get familiar with his game asap.

·
51,454 Posts
Re: Harry Giles - PF - High School

I'd probably argue Josh Jackson over him but its close and maybe even Dennis Smith.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Those are the top three in my opinion as well.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts

Love me some Dennis Smith. Would love to be able to watch him play ball in Memphis.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/feature/25253439/the-revivial-and-arrival-of-harry-giles
While being the No. 1 high school player in the nation almost always means something special, with this class, and for Giles, it takes on even more meaning because the 2016 crop is incredibly deep and extremely strong at the top. Giles looks to be the best of the best in what could be the most talented bunch of basketball big shots to emerge in a decade. In the eyes of almost any coach, scout, recruitnik or basketball fan who's happened to watch Giles play the past few months, he's established himself as the top overall prospect at the next two levels -- and is the favorite as of now to be the first player chosen in the 2017 NBA Draft.

"For him to be the type of prospect that he is ... after every game he's got 500 people wanting to take a picture, 300 people wanting [an] interview," said Giles' coach Jon Adams. "And he just takes that stuff in. For him to be able to handle that stuff as a rising senior, it's impressive. Chris [Paul] and I talk about that a lot, because when Chris was a rising senior, he was really good but he wasn't Harry-good. He didn't have the publicity around that Harry does. He didn't really have to deal with it like this until he got to the NBA, when it was his profession. Harry's still a kid, and it's unbelievable how he deals with it."
A little weary about the hype. He basically had the Shaun Livingston knee injury at age 15. Maybe he healed better because he was so young, but that's still a huge red flag to me. That's about as nasty of a knee injury that exists in basketball. It would be cool if he stayed home and went to Wake Forest. Sounds like a humble kid, hope it works out for him.

He's picking a school before his season starts this fall. Final schools are:

Duke - supposedly the favorite
Wake Forest- hometown pick and Chris Paul connection
UNC
Kentucky
Kansas

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts

Why always Duke?

But yeah, one could say the biggest beneficiary of UNC's scandal has been Duke. They are piling on the recruits like crazy.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts

·
And Justise For All
64,265 Posts

Duke bound.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts

That class is incredible. Duke is really piling on the talent nowadays. Even Cal has gotta be worried.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts