Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

501 - 520 of 652 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts

"To Gargano, however, the debate about sports is beside the point. The university, he says, faces deep, fundamental issues regardless of what level its teams play at.“The issue here is not athletics,” Gargano said. “Unless they address the enrollment and the revenue that comes from enrollment, then you can’t solve any of the problems this institution has.”

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #503 ·

"To Gargano, however, the debate about sports is beside the point. The university, he says, faces deep, fundamental issues regardless of what level its teams play at.“The issue here is not athletics,” Gargano said. “Unless they address the enrollment and the revenue that comes from enrollment, then you can’t solve any of the problems this institution has.”
So my thought is you fire Woodward and bring in a new President who is from the Northeast who were instrumental in bringing up the profile and enrollment at their current college. Maybe like the #2 person at a place like Northeastern.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Kinda sucks that Hartford doesn't have another school in the conference they can sit next to and have a "private school problems, amiright?" conversation with.

·
Registered
595 Posts
A new petition has started to remove Woodward as president. It will be presented at the next board meeting in May.

The last petition started two weeks ago to keep the Hawks at the D1 level has 6,000 signatures.

Fellow Fans of the Hartford Hawks,

We write to you today to encourage you to take the next step in our journey to keep Hartford Athletics at the Division 1 level. As many are aware, maintaining a Division 1 program will be impossible with President Gregory Woodward in office. Because of Woodward's actions, the University of Hartford suffers. Alongside is the Hartford Hawks athletic program, which will deal with the repercussions of Woodward's comments for years to come. We demand Woodward removed from his position.

We plan on submitting the petition to the Board of Regents before they vote on May 7th. Our goal is to reach at least 1,000 signatures. Please consider signing and sharing this petition to help not only the student-athletes but the university as a whole.

Sign the Petition

Thank you
Students and Alumni

·
Registered
277 Posts

Here's an interview with Andy Schwarz who conducted the "friends of the neighborhood" study. You listen to him talk and it's amazing how short sighted the Carr report was when crunching all of these numbers. He also mentioned adding more sports that don't require as much scholly money so the school brings in more. I remember they used to have tennis, I'd be interested to see how much that brings in, it can't be that much to run. As a side note I also remember them being terrible. 🤷‍♀️

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
The problem with minor sports besides scholarships is transportation and housing on the road. The AE wants their teams to play a full schedule in order to represent the conference well. Add to that minimal coaching staffs and salaries and it all adds up, and always remember title IX

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #508 · (Edited)
So today’s was a celebration for men’s basketball in West Hartford today led by Governor Lamont.

It probably shouldn’t bother me as much as it does but I HATE when people say “American East”

in this clip the Mayor of West Hartford is speaking then on the left is Governor Lamont. All the way on the left is that Gregory?

·
Super Moderator
6,410 Posts
So today’s was a celebration for men’s basketball in West Hartford today led by Governor Lamont.

It probably shouldn’t bother me as much as it does but I HATE when people say “American East”

in this clip the Mayor of West Hartford is speaking then on the left is Governor Lamont. All the way on the left is that Gregory?
How did the crowd react to that intro?

·
Registered
277 Posts

I checked it out for a little bit, Woodward was no where to be found.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 ·
I checked it out for a little bit, Woodward was no where to be found.
Wow that’s pathetic! Any idea if he was at Dunkin Donuts ballpark the other day when the mayor of Hartford did a presentation and Gal threw out the first pitch? I bet not.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Speaks volumes that he isn't at these types of events. That's really sad to be honest.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #519 ·
It’s completely obvious he wants no part of D1 Athletics and this had to be planned for a little while hence a interm AD for 18+months
I don’t even know what the interim AD looks like. Has she attended any of the celebrations?

501 - 520 of 652 Posts