Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

741 - 760 of 767 Posts

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #741 ·
Considering she's not leaving til August, I'm guessing we won't hear from her anytime soon
Agreed and based on the fact they didn’t have her leave immediately ( rather than her leaving in August 6) and the glowing blech Woodward wrote about her I am guessing foe. Sounds more likely she was one of Woodward’s sheep.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Agreed and based on the fact they didn’t have her leave immediately ( rather than her leaving in August 6) and the glowing blech Woodward wrote about her I am guessing foe. Sounds more likely she was one of Woodward’s sheep.
I'm inclined to disagree. With the notable exception of women's basketball, athletics (at least from afar) have been run competently.

Also, I feel like if she was foe, one of the many athletes/former employees would have been more than happy to throw her under the bus over the last month.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #743 ·
I'm inclined to disagree. With the notable exception of women's basketball, athletics (at least from afar) have been run competently.

Also, I feel like if she was foe, one of the many athletes/former employees would have been more than happy to throw her under the bus over the last month.
Tackling college just said there was no love lost which leans towards your thoughts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
according to the twitter universe she is becoming General Counsel at Washington and Lee university in Virginia
Well, smart play by her. Sucks for Gal. I think a general counsel would have a hard time firing Gal knowing the potential lawsuit on her hands…

But a plant of Woodward’s come August? CT is an at-will state so first loss of the year could be cause enough at that point…

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Have things kind of settled down now? Are people just accepting what appears to be inevitable? I was really hoping that something could happen there like what happened at the University of New Orleans.

·
Registered
192 Posts
There is a planned student-athlete protest for this upcoming Sunday. That being said things seem to have definitely calmed down. It seems the biggest issues has already come to light. He hasn’t or the board budged so it seems inevitable at this point and time.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Seems like a drawn out approach that has a slim chance of going anywhere. The University is really at fault for not doing their homework on this guy. Walt Harrison should of hand picked his successor. Unless he is thrown out by the courts he isn’t going anywhere it seems.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Rumor is Woodward hired a D3 AD. Folks unless things change dramatically, I think it’s a small chance we about face and go back. I am hoping for the best.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #751 ·
Rumor is Woodward hired a D3 AD. Folks unless things change dramatically, I think it’s a small chance we about face and go back. I am hoping for the best.
Sadly I agree. It was amazing in the Joe Coughlin clip above that the dean of the business school brought up communication/marketing taking advantage of March madness etc and all you heard after her comments was crickets. Then Woodward quickly moved to one of his cronies.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Wow. Do we have any details as to who is actually suing, what ground they are suing on, etc. Crazy times...

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #756 ·
Wow. Do we have any details as to who is actually suing, what ground they are suing on, etc. Crazy times...
All I can see is a litigation hold letter has been received. I think to Woodward and all the BOR. I saw someone tweet more about it earlier but I can’t find the tweet.

This is tackling sports talking about it starting about 5 minutes in.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
I have to admit I am finding this kinda fascinating. Yeah, it's kinda like a soap opera but you have to admit it has a great plot with a fun cast of characters: the evil villains (Woodward & his board), group of good guys/gals (Gal & student-athletes), lots of twists & turns, highs & lows, truths & lies.

I hate that it is at the expense of you good Hartford fans though.

Anyway, I am staying tuned in for the next plot twist in "As the world (of Hartford) turns"...

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
The drama is certainly intriguing. At the end of the day, how do you justify running a 13 million dollar deficit yearly?

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
The drama is certainly intriguing. At the end of the day, how do you justify running a 13 million dollar deficit yearly?
Good question. And I'm sure there are dozens of D-I schools that are also dealing with the question of how do we justify spending tens of millions of dollars annually, that is "given" to us by the state/school, on an athletic department that generates maybe several hundred thousand to a million bucks in return. Some states could be wondering if a reprioritizing might be necessary for the funds that they provide to things like state universities.

741 - 760 of 767 Posts