Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

761 - 767 of 767 Posts

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #761 ·
The drama is certainly intriguing. At the end of the day, how do you justify running a 13 million dollar deficit yearly?
Those numbers were from the Carr report which were not factual but very much played into Woodward’s agenda. The Schwartz report and others showed a 3-6 million dollar loss. The Carr report double counted some figures.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #762 ·
I have to admit I am finding this kinda fascinating. Yeah, it's kinda like a soap opera but you have to admit it has a great plot with a fun cast of characters: the evil villains (Woodward & his board), group of good guys/gals (Gal & student-athletes), lots of twists & turns, highs & lows, truths & lies.

I hate that it is at the expense of you good Hartford fans though.

Anyway, I am staying tuned in for the next plot twist in "As the world (of Hartford) turns"...
I tweeted to one of the players that they should video footage from the day this started through the end of next year. Could be an interesting kind of last chance u kind of documentary.

·
Registered
281 Posts
anyone know if the virtual rally yesterday was a success? Also tried to find the full video from that Woodward sound bite, couldn't find it anywhere. I will say this, some of the posts I have seen on twitter have been a little ridiculous.

·
Registered
607 Posts
It is amazing to me how fraudulent the Carr Report is. How does it not factor in essential numbers like the AE exit fee, loss of arena naming sponsorship, etc? Or how does it double count over $6 million revenue dollars? These people are supposed to be professionals? Is anyone surprised Jeff Hathaway was forced out at UConn? The report is clearly not factual and was only written to further an agenda. Its no wonder there are now lawsuits.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
It is amazing to me how fraudulent the Carr Report is. How does it not factor in essential numbers like the AE exit fee, loss of arena naming sponsorship, etc? Or how does it double count over $6 million revenue dollars? These people are supposed to be professionals? Is anyone surprised Jeff Hathaway was forced out at UConn? The report is clearly not factual and was only written to further an agenda. Its no wonder there are now lawsuits.
I was thinking the same things as I was watching the video and reading that slide. It truly is mind-boggling the things that were left out of that report. But, having some friends who worked with/for Hathaway, I have to say I'm not surprised. I wouldn't trust that guy as far as I could throw him.

Reactions: South End
761 - 767 of 767 Posts