Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
The People's Champ
700 Posts
What a get if they land Frazier... 6'5 combo guard... it's a nice acknowledgment from his dad, but it's no solid commit! He has a ton of offers too.. Hope he signs

·
The People's Champ
700 Posts
Ratislov ( Rasta) Sipkovsky is visiting Hartford today. He played on the same prep team as Stafl.
saw that as well. Not as tall as Stafl but, he's more athletic it looks like. Looks like a more polished version of Boxus..

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
His highlights are in
What a get if they land Frazier... 6'5 combo guard... it's a nice acknowledgment from his dad, but it's no solid commit! He has a ton of offers too.. Hope he signs
Agreed. His highlights are insane. Dunks galore....even 360 dunks...insane shooting range etc.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Based on tomorrow’s senior night I think these are the players that Hartford will minimally lose for next year:

Ellison
Carter
Stepanyants ( I think graduating a year early...granted he was valedictorian at his high school in Russia and at his prep school in the states)
Boxus
Colovic

so far they have signed 2
MCLain
Gray

I think they have a verbal from Rasto

so they need 2 more.

hoping for Frazier and maybe another graduate transfer or two.

they also have to see what they have with Kingman ( sat out injured) and Austin williams ( transfer sat out)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Seems like Hartford has had some success recruiting recently. Especially when that monster group of seniors graduated and everyone thought it was a wrap for Gal.

·
The People's Champ
700 Posts
Solid if the verbal is there from Rasto 6’8-6’9 Forward with athleticism. Should compliment Stafl and Marks nicely. Agreed on Williams and Kingman. Already excited to see how next years team formalizes there roster

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Solid if the verbal is there from Rasto 6’8-6’9 Forward with athleticism. Should compliment Stafl and Marks nicely. Agreed on Williams and Kingman. Already excited to see how next years team formalizes there roster
I think Rasta is more like 6’6-6’7.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Based on tomorrow’s senior night I think these are the players that Hartford will minimally lose for next year:

Ellison
Carter
Stepanyants ( I think graduating a year early...granted he was valedictorian at his high school in Russia and at his prep school in the states)
Boxus
Colovic

so far they have signed 2
MCLain
Gray

I think they have a verbal from Rasto

so they need 2 more.

hoping for Frazier and maybe another graduate transfer or two.

they also have to see what they have with Kingman ( sat out injured) and Austin williams ( transfer sat out)
While matching it is unlikely, after the success of Ellison/Carter, I can't imagine they aren't aggressive on the grad-transfer market again.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #73 (Edited)
So Matt Curtis (SG) has gotten an offer from Hartford. In looking at stats he lights it up. So for those "old" Hartford fans like me you might remember his dad.....Matt Curtis. He was a high school scoring machine in CT. He had an offer from Depaul and opted to stay in CT. This guy was phenomenal....maybe would have been one of the best Hawks ever. I think towards the end of his freshman year he had to have back surgery and then soph year had to have knee surgery and his career was derailed. I do wonder If his son has a chance of coming to UHA.....would love to see it!

I think short term at least that due to this coronavirus issue you might see more kids declaring closer to home.....like the top 50 kid Rutgers just got (and he cited this issue).

He's projected to go at a very high level.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
He'll be 22 when he starts his soph year at Hartford. Redshirted his first year. Looks pretty athletic for a 6'11 guy.
kind of reminds me of Hunter Marks but taller. Looks very athletic for 6’11 and can really run the floor. Colorado front line was stacked so he got no playing time. Plus he needed to gain about 30 pounds. He gained about 15 prior to last season and then got mono and lost all the weight...then when he got back had an ankle injury. I am assuming he has to sit out this year so hopefully this will be a year to add about 30 pounds. excited about this addition.

·
The People's Champ
700 Posts
wow their bigs are all set... Stafl, Dombek, Marks playing wing and big... great length and have some athleticism. Adding Rasto to that will be a nice touch...

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
So some big roster turnover this off season

Leaving
Ellison....irreplaceable
Carter....biggest loss is his awesome D
Boxus
Stepanyants I think graduated early
Colovic I think graduated...not sure if returning?
Sullivan...graduated not sure if returning

Coming in:
Austin Williams sat out last year as transfer from Marist plays 2/3
Garret Kingman was JUCO transfer who sat out last year had knee & shoulder surgeries plays 2/3/4
AJ Gray frosh from NY plays 2/3 early signing
Briggs McClain frosh from PA plays 2 early signing
Rastislav Sipkovsky 6'7 plays 3/4 from Serbia late signing
Jakub Dombek 6'11 plays 4/5 transfer from Colorado. He is currently a redshirt frosh. I assume he has to sit a year.

If all the guys above are not coming back then they still have 2 more spots open as Williams and Kingman were on the team last year).

61 - 80 of 99 Posts