Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
801 - 818 of 818 Posts

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Can either of you guys share some of the things they have talked about? I'm curious...

·
Registered
300 Posts
They've basically done a deep dive into how dysfunctional the University as a whole is, not just athletics. They've taken a look at the board of regents, academics, facilities, public safety etc. They've also interviewed former athletes and people who used to be associated with the school as well as local members of the media. Higher ups at the school are definitely listening, they were asking where Woodward was along with other questions which the school then sent out an email answering, but not referencing them

·
Registered
26 Posts
Curious what the school email said about Woodward’s whereabouts. I happen to know from my sources the truth, but haven’t shared. That said, I very much dislike the TCS stuff. I think they make me angrier with every post. I think some topics are interesting, but giving pet names to people makes them appear as a sophomoric, completely bias and makes the entire thing feel like they just have an ax to grind.

Making fun of the stuff on top of a new building, that young, environmentally concerned prospective students may actually find interesting is so tone deaf because our dear athletics program is getting destroyed. Insinuating we’ll become UConn West Hartford, even though UConn WH just pulled out a few years ago is stupid. It positions me to wonder why they even went to the school in the first place. And trust me, I left my city 5 hours away to come to UHart bc it was a D1, connected program and I got to intern in athletics. But I stayed at the school because of my dear friends, most of which (outside of two of them) didn't go to any athletic events. I did not stay at UHart because Lebo was a decent coach. I did not stay because baseball won one or two games a year back then. If I had not had good friends, I would have left after a year.

Athletics lucked into Gal, and into letting him grow as a coach. He was bad his first few years, honestly. Because he had time to grow, that has grown the school’s visibility to the country rather than the region. But that doesn’t make us hot shit. And to dump all over the way the whole school is run makes the whole school look like a joke. We should want more kids to come, not just more voices pointing to declining enrollment and money being pissed away. If they said that about either of their two normal career locations, wherever they are, whatever they are, I’m sure that wouldn’t help recruit great talent to make their companies better.

Give me specific, attributed, impactful stories, documents and facts and I’ll listen. Until then I’m always one step away from clicking the block button, but haven’t on the off chance they break something interesting (which tends to happen better on here anyways). They’re not tackling college sports, they’re getting off on whatever “atrocity” has been levied against them.

I’m also interested to know their investment in the school and athletics. What have they donated? Are they season ticket holders? Outside of the successful programs, do they have a clue?

Been holding that in for a few weeks, glad someone finally asked lol.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Curious what the school email said about Woodward’s whereabouts. I happen to know from my sources the truth, but haven’t shared. That said, I very much dislike the TCS stuff. I think they make me angrier with every post. I think some topics are interesting, but giving pet names to people makes them appear as a sophomoric, completely bias and makes the entire thing feel like they just have an ax to grind.

Making fun of the stuff on top of a new building, that young, environmentally concerned prospective students may actually find interesting is so tone deaf because our dear athletics program is getting destroyed. Insinuating we’ll become UConn West Hartford, even though UConn WH just pulled out a few years ago is stupid. It positions me to wonder why they even went to the school in the first place. And trust me, I left my city 5 hours away to come to UHart bc it was a D1, connected program and I got to intern in athletics. But I stayed at the school because of my dear friends, most of which (outside of two of them) didn't go to any athletic events. I did not stay at UHart because Lebo was a decent coach. I did not stay because baseball won one or two games a year back then. If I had not had good friends, I would have left after a year.

Athletics lucked into Gal, and into letting him grow as a coach. He was bad his first few years, honestly. Because he had time to grow, that has grown the school’s visibility to the country rather than the region. But that doesn’t make us hot shit. And to dump all over the way the whole school is run makes the whole school look like a joke. We should want more kids to come, not just more voices pointing to declining enrollment and money being pissed away. If they said that about either of their two normal career locations, wherever they are, whatever they are, I’m sure that wouldn’t help recruit great talent to make their companies better.

Give me specific, attributed, impactful stories, documents and facts and I’ll listen. Until then I’m always one step away from clicking the block button, but haven’t on the off chance they break something interesting (which tends to happen better on here anyways). They’re not tackling college sports, they’re getting off on whatever “atrocity” has been levied against them.

I’m also interested to know their investment in the school and athletics. What have they donated? Are they season ticket holders? Outside of the successful programs, do they have a clue?

Been holding that in for a few weeks, glad someone finally asked lol.
I didn't see the email but apparently it said his wife is sick and is receiving treatment somewhere in Massachusetts.

I do agree with you that at times they come across as bullying meat heads and say some really dumb things, such as the UConn WH and the name calling is pretty pathetic. I also think they try to report things, such as saying that Hillyer College does not exist anymore without all of the facts.

It's also sad that they are the only ones around here that are talking about this, but at this point they are just yelling to yell to a few hangers on and themselves.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I didn't see the email but apparently it said his wife is sick and is receiving treatment somewhere in Massachusetts.

I do agree with you that at times they come across as bullying meat heads and say some really dumb things, such as the UConn WH and the name calling is pretty pathetic. I also think they try to report things, such as saying that Hillyer College does not exist anymore without all of the facts.

It's also sad that they are the only ones around here that are talking about this, but at this point they are just yelling to yell to a few hangers on and themselves.
Summed it up perfectly my friend. And yes, that’s where Greg has been the last year or so. Did they walk back all their absent president comments at that point I wonder?

It is incredibly sad that they’re the only noise at this point. I wonder if they even realized that Gal’s quotes in the article the other week was likely directed at their antics (the stop name calling bit).

That said, we’re almost into a new season. The team’s performance can do the talking for us at that point. Especially if we keep the major opponents on schedule (I somehow expect the department to pull the plug on travel and f us over, even though we’d make bank to lose to good teams…)

·
Registered
199 Posts
So your ok going D3? After the men’s team making the tournament the administration didn’t even flinch to market the success and let rise for a few to see if applications can increase, better quality students to come in, more donors to contribute. This is what bothers me the most. They could care less. With the elitists attitude of this administration it’s a huge turn off and and complete 360 of former president Harrison. If they do go D3 the university will sticks and bones of a once proud institution.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
The biggest FU to the current administration is if the the men’s team goes back to the tournament. It would look so embarrassing on their part.
Maybe.

I've been saying since day one that the most telling thing would be the ENTIRE student body and community rallying around the team, not just former athletes. The fact that the UH athletics community is mad is a point well taken at this point. I'm yet to hear any outrage from those who weren't already involved in Hartford athletics, and frankly that has been a very low number. UH averaged 850 fans per game for men's basketball in 2019. I've asked probably a dozen times in this thread, but is there any evidence whatsoever that anyone who didn't already have a stake in Hartford Hawk athletics cares at all?

·
Registered
199 Posts
With all due to respect to his family. I wish ill will to him. I can’t imagine what he is going through. With any higher learning position the best course of action is for him to resign and focus on his family.

·
Registered
26 Posts
LOL we’re all just higher learning experts now? Would we say the same if the president had a child had extreme special needs that required daily attention?

We’re grasping at straws here. I sincerely hope everyone can look in the mirror if they are in a position of leadership. “Hey, you’re gonna have to bury your spouse soon, we suggest you just leave rather than take FMLA” - how would you feel about that?

Regardless of the setting, you have people below you that can run the business, school, etc. in your absence. We may very much dislike literally all of those people, but rhetoric about “oh, this is the perfect example to stump for a departure” is so dumb.

Let’s just focus on the fact that basketball season is almost here. Enjoy that while you can. Enjoy it before Gal gets forced out. Enjoy these student athletes that are leading by example.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Not sure what the Hawk's 2022-23 season will look like as an D-I Independent, but CCSU and Hartford may have inked their final 2-year deal in men's basketball.

Dec. 18, 2021 - Hartford at Central
TBA, 2022-23 - Central at Hartford

Starting this fall, CCSU may play at Hartford for the final time is some sports.

Sep. 14 - Men's Soccer at Hartford
Sep. 16 - Volleyball at Hartford
Women's Soccer hasn't played each other since 2014

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
We’re grasping at straws here. I sincerely hope everyone can look in the mirror if they are in a position of leadership. “Hey, you’re gonna have to bury your spouse soon, we suggest you just leave rather than take FMLA” - how would you feel about that?
If I were a plaintiff's employment lawyer, I'd feel great!

·
Registered
300 Posts
The men's lacrosse team is withdrawing from America East competition in the spring because they don't have enough players to meet the conference's requirements

·
Super Moderator
6,505 Posts
The men's lacrosse team is withdrawing from America East competition in the spring because they don't have enough players to meet the conference's requirements

I don't think this will be the last.

·
Registered
248 Posts
So much for the plan of getting students to pay full tuition to play Division 3 lacrosse when you can't even come close to getting the necessary players for D1.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So much for the plan of getting students to pay full tuition to play Division 3 lacrosse when you can't even come close to getting the necessary players for D1.
What confuses me is what sort of walk-on tryouts they had. I find it incredibly hard to believe they couldn’t convince former hs lax scrubs in the student body to try out and have them on the team w/o scholly. It may have looked ugly as sin team performance wise, but something doesn’t add up that “there’s not enough players.”

801 - 818 of 818 Posts