Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
821 - 839 of 839 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Sadly, the university will be out of business within 5 years.
Don't be surprised if they eventually merge with Goodwin University in East Hartford which just bought out financially troubled University of Bridgeport. Goodwin University has been aggressively expanding for 10 years.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I don't like this thread very much.

I'm guessing the move down is pretty much a done deal at this point. Have there been any further protests or the like to try and get them to reverse direction?

I still have a hard time accepting this.

Reactions: RazorRamon

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't like this thread very much.

I'm guessing the move down is pretty much a done deal at this point. Have there been any further protests or the like to try and get them to reverse direction?

I still have a hard time accepting this.
It feels like it's a done deal. Unfortunately not enough students/alums/community etc seem to care and regardless the school reputation has been tarnished forever.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
It feels like it's a done deal. Unfortunately not enough students/alums/community etc seem to care and regardless the school reputation has been tarnished forever.
It still felt possible when this was nothing more than board meetings and press releases, but the recent news about both lax teams really hammers home how real this whole situation is. Just awful.

·
Super Moderator
6,526 Posts
Sadly, the university will be out of business within 5 years.
Woodward has touted how he has led schools to “strengthen campus-wide engagement and collaboration, fostering a college culture that values collegiality and a spirit of hospitality toward others.”

How would he like this on his resume?

·
Registered
203 Posts
if it is a done deal just come out and say it already. I still can’t comprehend when they were doing this search they they didn’t hire a person with D1 background. I think this was all pre-mediated the soon harrison announced his retirement.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I feel for the Hawks but people just need to accept this and move on. Have a great last year at the Div I level and see what happens. Can Gallagher catch lighting in a bottle two years in a row?

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Great article...crazy that they haven't started selling tickets yet or really done much of anything it appears to get ready for the basketball season. UHart men's basketball will most likely get more media attention during this season than they every have in previous years.

And I am hoping Hartford repeats. For many obvious reasons.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Great article...crazy that they haven't started selling tickets yet or really done much of anything it appears to get ready for the basketball season. UHart men's basketball will most likely get more media attention during this season than they every have in previous years.

The article mentions they don't even have a box office staff anymore. Since Woodward never called Gallagher or his players to congratulate them after making it to the NCAA tournament, I am sure he is not making things any easier for them here on out.

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
The article mentions they don't even have a box office staff anymore. Since Woodward never called Gallagher or his players to congratulate them after making it to the NCAA tournament, I am sure he is not making things any easier for them here on out.
Yeah, I saw that. I can't imagine the AEast office is all that pleased with the way Hartford is playing this out. A few teams already backing out of their seasons and the fact that they don't even have a ticket office right now? I can't help but wonder what the game day experience will be like for the players and fans alike.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It’s unbelievable how this has gone on like this without any backlash from the court system, AEast, NCAA. The leadership team is on a massive destruction spree with out any apprehension.

·
Super Moderator
6,526 Posts

Would any of this be considered a breach of contract on the school’s part?

·
President of the Anti-Carbone Club
170 Posts
If it were up to me, I wouldn't even allow Hartford to play in the AE this season. I'm genuinely shocked that the conference is allowing it

821 - 839 of 839 Posts