Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1021 - 1040 of 1048 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Link to interview with Jon Feinstein :

Gal was offered a 500k lead asst job at Oklahoma that he turned down.

Wow. Really shows everyone's character in how they responded to this fiasco.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Link to interview with Jon Feinstein :

Gal was offered a 500k lead asst job at Oklahoma that he turned down.

I think he should have taken it. Most of his team departed and he sure didn’t get any support from administration. Loyalty works both ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dane96

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ll be interested to see how they fill out the rest of the roster. I assume they’ll look to add some quality d2/d3 players that will want to try to move up. May also have to look inward for some students already there that could play

·
Registered
338 Posts
I’ll be interested to see how they fill out the rest of the roster. I assume they’ll look to add some quality d2/d3 players that will want to try to move up. May also have to look inward for some students already there that could play
I do wonder if he is hoping the awful conduct of the administration and others somehow results in new faces being brought in while he is still under contract, in hopes of resurrecting a D1 program? Is that fantastical thinking?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I do wonder if he is hoping the awful conduct of the administration and others somehow results in new faces being brought in while he is still under contract, in hopes of resurrecting a D1 program? Is that fantastical thinking?
Yes, that is fantastical thinking. I also think with transfer rules the do down time should be lowered since most any player that is d1 caliber will leave immediately

·
Registered
311 Posts
I don't think they can offer any incoming players a scholarship even if their eligibility is up before the move to D3. I'm guessing that basically recruiting is very similar to the way you normally recruit walk-ons, though it might be at a higher level due to available playing time. I could also see a guy or 2 in the portal, who might "walk on" and try to save face and hope for better luck next year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’ll also be interested to see how they create a schedule. Non conference time should be doable but then once conference time rolls around, I’m not sure how they’ll find opponents

·
Registered
311 Posts
I’ll also be interested to see how they create a schedule. Non conference time should be doable but then once conference time rolls around, I’m not sure how they’ll find opponents
Ironically, the America East being at 9 (and as of now the MAAC and NEC also being at odd numbers) might be the thing that allows them to find opponents later in the season. I know the extra rest in January/February is nice, but considering how hard it is for most low-majors to get non-conference home games in general, I think many will happily let Hartford come down when they are "off" especially if it means an extra weekend home game.

Wouldn't be shocked if some D2s, make room for Hartford as well, especially if it means a chance to earn a signature win over a "D1" program. Home games might be few and far between, but if last season was any indication, Hartford would rather not be in the business of actually hosting basketball games anyway.

1021 - 1040 of 1048 Posts