Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1041 - 1048 of 1048 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Hate to pile on--and secretly I had known about this for a bit but sworn to secrecy--but this cannot be the type of "like-minded" affiliation that the Dark Lord expected. These are subpar schools...even though I graduated law school from one of them (it's a solid school in the area). ;)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Hate to pile on--and secretly I had known about this for a bit but sworn to secrecy--but this cannot be the type of "like-minded" affiliation that the Dark Lord expected. These are subpar schools...even though I graduated law school from one of them (it's a solid school in the area). ;)
I'm not sure how UHart could have expected any better if they were committed to staying in New England. The NESCAC was an obvious non-starter. The NEWMAC likely listened politely, but was probably a non-starter.

Who is left? The Little East is basically D-3 America East, all public schools.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I'm not sure how UHart could have expected any better if they were committed to staying in New England. The NESCAC was an obvious non-starter. The NEWMAC likely listened politely, but was probably a non-starter.

This feels like a ‘yawner’. What a let down for all those D1 athletes.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts

I thought the NEWMAC would have been an ideal landing spot for Hartford. As you point out the NESCAC was a non-starter and the Little East is a D-III version of the AE and would have been a really odd fit.

Basically it left the CCC as the only acceptable option. In any case, no UHa fans can be very happy with the final result - it is a sad and ugly way to end their 30+ year D-I era.

1041 - 1048 of 1048 Posts