Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1161 - 1180 of 1182 Posts

· Registered
2,386 Posts
Looking for an article, I stumbled upon a report that former CT Governor Dan Malloy received a no-confidence vote as the Chancellor of UMaine in May 2022.

IMO - Malloy ruined Higher Ed in Connecticut by merging the once separate Community Colleges and State Universities into a single system and Board of Regents and then installed his political lackeys.

Of course UConn remained a separate system.

· Registered
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,162 ·
Looks like Woodward announces his retirement right after a vote of "no confidence" from the Board of Regents. I have read U of H has until July of 2025 to reverse the D3 downgrade.

A hit and run indeed. The University is much worse off because of his tenure.
I have expected that Woodward would be resigning soon. I have read tweets about the “no confidence” vote. Have you heard anything more concrete about that? I have also read that Mark Boxer is gone? If so…..terrific news.

· Registered
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,163 ·
Looking for an article, I stumbled upon a report that former CT Governor Dan Malloy received a no-confidence vote as the Chancellor of UMaine in May 2022.

IMO - Malloy ruined Higher Ed in Connecticut by merging the once separate Community Colleges and State Universities into a single system and Board of Regents and then installed his political lackeys.

Interesting about Maine. I didn’t love Malloy back when he was Mayor of Stamford.

· Registered
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,164 ·
Looks like Woodward announces his retirement right after a vote of "no confidence" from the Board of Regents. I have read U of H has until July of 2025 to reverse the D3 downgrade.

A hit and run indeed. The University is much worse off because of his tenure.
A dream come true would be to bring back Harrison to temporary president…Pat Meiser to temporary AD….then higher back Gal and Rizzotti’s husband Sullivan for the basketball programs.
The key is the BOR realizing they have been going down the wrong path for many things ( not singling out athletics here). If they can somehow return to D1 status I can definitely see the NEC as a conference that makes more sense financially as they would have budgets that might be closer to what Hartford’s needs are.

· Registered
636 Posts
I have expected that Woodward would be resigning soon. I have read tweets about the “no confidence” vote. Have you heard anything more concrete about that? I have also read that Mark Boxer is gone? If so…..terrific news.
I have heard it from two people connected to the program including a former player and a prominent booster.

· Registered
6 Posts
A dream come true would be to bring back Harrison to temporary president…Pat Meiser to temporary AD….then higher back Gal and Rizzotti’s husband Sullivan for the basketball programs.
The key is the BOR realizing they have been going down the wrong path for many things ( not singling out athletics here). If they can somehow return to D1 status I can definitely see the NEC as a conference that makes more sense financially as they would have budgets that might be closer to what Hartford’s needs are.
The NEC would be a good landing spot.

· Registered
2,386 Posts
Interesting about Maine. I didn’t love Malloy back when he was Mayor of Stamford.
I actually thought he was a very good Mayor for Stamford, but an awful Governor. A lot of people didn't like him for his personality almost as much as his politics. He was always an arrogant SOB. Sometimes you have to push an agenda, other times you have to compromise. He never knew the right time to do either and his ego got even bigger once he got to Hartford.

He was lobbing hard for a Cabinet position in a Hillary administration (that of course never happened) and basically turned off a lot of people in the party. Don't think he has many friends/supporters on either side of the aisle.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have heard it from two people connected to the program including a former player and a prominent booster.
There is the possibility that the NEC could add Lemoyne and the University of New Haven in the future. Could this possibly make Hartford more interested in being part of the NEC? More so being in a league with CCSU, Sacred Heart, and UNH.

· Registered
4,502 Posts

He actually had 4 no confidence votes.

The first was from faculty at UMaine-Augusta over a botched president search. He hired a search firm, they recommended the president at SUNY-Delhi, who was hired. The search firm and Malloy knew the SUNY-D president had been asked to resign but didn't inform the UMA search committee who technically did the hiring. The president then resigned from UMA (with some cash).

The second was from the University of Southern Maine, supporting UMA, but also highlighting 3 presidential departures and lack of faculty input.

The third was at UMaine-Farmington over cutting 9 humanities positions and moving the system to a unified accreditation. There was also a student sit-in.

The fourth was at UMaine-Machias, where all 11 faculty voted to support the other three schools.

· The People's Champ
998 Posts
Ex Hawk PJ Henry lighting up the swac again, texas southern going to the dance for the third straight time. 2nd straight for PJ and possibly second straight year he wins swac tourney player of the year. He might go 5-20 but those 5 damn sure count when they need it the most lol

· The People's Champ
998 Posts
I was thinking about this the other day. Hartford could have sported this squad if they didnt start their transition to D3. Moses Flowers, Austin Williams, PJ Henry, Hunter Marks, David Shriver, Jared Kimbrough, They wouldve had Traci Carter last year. Guys rotating wouldve been Miroslav Stafl, DJ Mitchell, Briggs McClain.

· Registered
4,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,173 ·

· Registered
4,975 Posts

· Registered
636 Posts
1161 - 1180 of 1182 Posts