Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
His videos look great. I think he averaged 25.3 ppl and 5.3 asst per game.
I do like his tape. Hope he stays aggressive at going to the basket - I think he’s built to withstand the contact there which is a plus.

Also noticed on VCs that Shane Dezonie was a target, not often we see 4 stars on our radar outside of losing Petrusev, but I’m sure there’s a Philly connection there. Anyone have more info on him?

·
The People's Champ
711 Posts
I do like his tape. Hope he stays aggressive at going to the basket - I think he’s built to withstand the contact there which is a plus.

Also noticed on VCs that Shane Dezonie was a target, not often we see 4 stars on our radar outside of losing Petrusev, but I’m sure there’s a Philly connection there. Anyone have more info on him?
would be nice!, but the bigger schools finally got a hold of him I think. Wake, Clemson, if you have a chance to go ACC, why not...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sad to report that Coach Jack Phelan has passed away. Phelan guided the Hawks to Division 1 in the mid 1980s and recruited and landed future NBA all star Vin Baker. I always like Jack who was a very old school, hard-nosed type coach.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #112

As an aside Petrusev is not returning to Gonzaga as he signed a contract in Serbia to go pro.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Sad to report that Coach Jack Phelan has passed away. Phelan guided the Hawks to Division 1 in the mid 1980s and recruited and landed future NBA all star Vin Baker. I always like Jack who was a very old school, hard-nosed type coach.
Yeah that is very sad! He was the perfect coach to take us to D1. He was quite the yeller! I still saw him around the program a lot.

·
The People's Champ
711 Posts
As an aside Petrusev is not returning to Gonzaga as he signed a contract in Serbia to go pro.
smart move! Europe is excelling in their coronavirus recovery while the US struggles. Make money now!! especially with so much uncertainty right now in the states...

·
Registered
148 Posts

I believe the Dezonie connection is with his first high school, which was Hudson Catholic (NJ). It's the same high school that J.R. Lynch went to and is where Justin Glover (a 2021 offer per VC) has gone to his entire HS career.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Based on some things I have seen on social media I don’t think Kingman is returning. Looks like he has graduated already. Last year he missed the whole year with knee surgery then shoulder surgery.

·
The People's Champ
711 Posts
Based on some things I have seen on social media I don’t think Kingman is returning. Looks like he has graduated already. Last year he missed the whole year with knee surgery then shoulder surgery.
would have had a prominent role on the team I think correct? that's too bad, but wish him the best if true

101 - 117 of 117 Posts