Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Hartford Scrimmage

788 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  lsbal 
#1 ·
It's reported on the Siena site that they handled Hartford easily????

Is it true or false?

That site also said they handled Seton Hall fairly well when they scrimmaged them????

Siena must be much better than people think!

#2 ·
Adeleke must have never made it to the gym.

I hope Siena goes undefeated - but for someone to say that Siena "easy handled" an opponent, without seeing the game, is either gullible and/or shilling for someone. Maybe they did "handle" the Hawks, they could have hit 20 3s.

If Siena fans expect more than a couple of wins, they are setting themselves up for disappointment. If Siena wins 10 games, Fran should be national coach of the year.

On top of that, I see Trimboli is off to a sensational start at UVM. 14 points and 5 assists against Concordia, followed up by 21 points and 8 assists against D-II St. Mike's. McIntosh played well, too - getting 21 points in the two games. Lonergan's prediction that Trimboli will be RoY in the AE looks like a good bet.

#3 ·
Patch said:
It's reported on the Siena site that they handled Hartford easily????

Is it true or false?

That site also said they handled Seton Hall fairly well when they scrimmaged them????

Siena must be much better than people think!

I should know the answer to that question Mon or Tues. Though I might here a positive spin on it from my side also...who knows.

#5 ·
In other Hartford/ AE news this was from the Herald today:

http://sports.bostonherald.com/college/view.bg?articleid=112080

Granted, it is the Herald, but I thought it was odd that in talking about Hartford, they lead with Cook & Ford and their backcourt that can "rival any in the AE". I think Maine has a better backcourt & it is not even near as good as Albany.

I would have thought they would mention Adeleke, and I wouldn't consider Hartford's backcourt to be their strength.

This isn't much of an article, more like the guy was thinking out loud and had to write something down.

#8 · (Edited)
Someone on the Hartford staff told me they played two halves and split.

Hartford beat Southern CT by about 25 or 30 tonight (can't remember the final score). Adeleke had 20 pts and 10 rbds in 20 mins. Aaron Cook had 19 in 19 mins. Bo Taylor and Paris Carter played good games as well. I got there in the second half and didn't get to see Cook, Taylor or Baker play.

EDIT: Just read the boxscore - final score was 84-59. Adeleke added 4 blocks and Bo Taylor had 13 points on 6 of 7 shooting. Freshman walk on Bill Simmons didn't suit up and Fabrice Tafo wasn't on the bench tonight. David Ruffin added 8 including an alley-oop slam dunk to end the first half. Paris Carter was 0 of 7 from the field (so much for my assessment) although he did seem to be very involved in the second half.

#9 ·
South End said:
Someone on the Hartford staff told me they played two halves and split.

Hartford beat Southern CT by about 25 or 30 tonight (can't remember the final score). Adeleke had 20 pts and 10 rbds in 20 mins. Aaron Cook had 19 in 19 mins. Bo Taylor and Paris Carter played good games as well. I got there in the second half and didn't get to see Cook, Taylor or Baker play.

EDIT: Just read the boxscore - final score was 84-59. Adeleke added 4 blocks and Bo Taylor had 13 points on 6 of 7 shooting. Freshman walk on Bill Simmons didn't suit up and Fabrice Tafo wasn't on the bench tonight. David Ruffin added 8 including an alley-oop slam dunk to end the first half. Paris Carter was 0 of 7 from the field (so much for my assessment) although he did seem to be very involved in the second half.
Yes at the Siena scrimmage Hartford won a half and Siena won the other half...Hartford didn't shoot well but was great on the boards.

Regarding last nights game...Tafo was in class last night so he didn't attend. Simmons is now officially redshirting. By the way he is majoring in chemical engineering.

Carter while being active was way off last night....couldn't hit...some lazy passes. Cole on the other hand looked great. He was the impetus in the 1st half to Hartford pulling away in this game. Great crisp passes...and heady game. Nice to see Baker back. Lowndes looked awful in the 1st half then pretty good in the 2nd. Adeleke...once he got in the groove looked sharp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.