Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw him last year in his teams final loss to Roger Bacon of Cincinnati. The Cincy teams was hardly talented. Lebron looked bored, he complained and did not look as good as his stats. I have seen many Highschool players who have show more skill than he did in that game. If he turns out to ever be an impact player in the NBA i will be surprised. Good luck, Lebron. I have feeling you're going to need it.:sigh:

·
Registered
553 Posts
I haven't seen him play but I am looking to track down some tapes to see what all the fuss is about. I take it that you're not easily impressed??

:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got to asume that the scouting departments of every NBA team are good enough sources to go on. Every scout says he's going to be the best player over the next 15 years. Now I havn't seen him, but it's hard to argue with that.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I've seen him play in person twice the last 2 years against Carmelo Anthony . Lebron is going to be a star , Hype is really warranted, He plays more of a cross between ,Magic and Michael maybe more of a point guard in pro's doesn't look to dominate the scoring column gets teammates involved relishes good passes as much as score. Against Anthony he went by him whenever he wanted he plays more in demeaner like TMac kinda laidback needs to be a little more intense defensively because Anthony scored on him too but when he wanted to make it difficult on Anthony he could ,Anthony just couldn't stop James,James had that look on his face like this guys my puppet. He's a worthy #1 pick .His size really surprised me the first year I saw him he was thinner the 2nd year he'd really hit the weights and got really cut, He maybe be still growing maybe more like Tmac in size but he's got great explosion similar to Kobe.

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
How much range does James have and is he ready to go pro and contribute to a pro team. He can't even carry his team to the state title.

·
Registered
133 Posts
didnt he lead his team to the state title the previous 2 years?.....u cant win em all

·
Premium Member
2,683 Posts
But if ur supposed to be the next Kobe/MJ/whatever and it sounds like he is way ahead of everyone else talent wise, shouldn't you lead your team to the state tourney. In my personal opinion, James is overrated.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have seen James play and surprise, he plays like he is still in high school. An outstanding high school talent, to be sure, but a long way to go. The pro scouts see physical qualities that appeal to them, and enough skill to dominate at his level. He is quite strong and a superior leaper, with outsanding quickness, all major attributes at 6'6" and probably growing.

He has long range shooting ability to go with his driving and inside jumping, but is not mature enough to know how to use these skills consistently. He defense is mosly jumping the passing lanes, which he has mastered. He is certainly not a hard nosed, gritty player yet or an overly sophisticated one.

Too many variables to predict the future accurately. Certainly worth a risk for a bad NBA team building for the future.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Lebron James lost against in the championship for one reason. The other team, (oak hill i think) regularly recruits talent. James is the only good player on the Irish (his team). Everyone else on that team wont even get a scholarship for college. Oak hill has a team where every player will get a full ride to college almost due to baskeball talent. MJ couldnt have won as much as he did if he were on a terrible team. Andre Miller is great, but the cavs still sucked because he had no help...James has even less help against even better competition. And he still managed to make a record of loosing 3 games in his entire high school life. And he is not selfish he will not log 30 pts a game because he actually likes an assist more than a pt. Often the open man can't hit the 5 footer that he sets them up for. Lebron also has great defense, and can score when he wants to. He is all star talent...he is mj talent, and he is already better than most nba players (note the cavs practice session where he outshined andre miller and every other cav.)

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I've seen the Kid And He's Really Good But Better than pro's already I don't think so ,He's worthy of 1st pick,He'll be just like most kids making the transition to pro ball, he'll shine some and struggle mightily, he's going to struggle much more than Kobe did his first year Kobe was very intense looking to make big plays plus Kobe kinda new what to expect from his dad playing in the league,James will struggle like TMac people will say he's a bust and than he'll begin to emerge, he'll be good I don't think you can predict how good at this point.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
James team lost to Roger Bacon...the one game i saw and they will be lucky to have one player at the division 1 level. They are a not very talented group of players that played together. It could have been that he fell victim to a hoosier type effort, but they sure seemed to frustrate him very easily. He didn't seem calm and collected to me. that is why i asked...maybe it is just hard for him to stay out of foul trouble because he is so much better. When he blew passed one guy another was there to take a charge.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Yeah Allenive21, you're probably right....

making the cover of SI, State Championship in his freshman and sophmore year, runner-up in the State Championship in his junior year, All-State BB 3 years in a row, Player of the Year for his state 2 years in a row, All-State Football WR 2 years in a row, rated Best HS Player in USA at least this year (and I think he was last year too?), every pro BB scout in America calls him a can't miss, every major college BB team wishes he would play even just one year at their school, every Pro team would've picked him #1 THIS YEAR.... yep, I think you nailed it right on the head.... like you said, he is over-rated. Good call. By the way, which of the above facts indicates he is over-rated? I missed that one...

Also, how many state championships did MJ lead his team to? What about Kobe? Shaq? KG? AI? McGrady? Anyone know? I don't, but it would be interesting to see - even thought HS State Championships mean very little to a pro's career. I bet there are plenty of kids that led their HS team to all 4 Championships, and they didn't make it to the NBA.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>allenive21</b>!
But if ur supposed to be the next Kobe/MJ/whatever and it sounds like he is way ahead of everyone else talent wise, shouldn't you lead your team to the state tourney. In my personal opinion, James is overrated.
Still think hes overrated?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
LeBron lead his team to three state titles and a national title with basically not much help. But I guess this stuff doesnt matter when they fail to win one game.

20-5-5 in rookie year(not HS rookie, not college experienced rookie, even rookies from eras with higher average stats).

-MJ
-Big O
-LeBron

That's it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
wow a couple people were right on the money... applause to those people

and some people were way off ... but hey they admit they were wrong

and some people don't know when to give up...

...oddly enough he wasnt in this thread bashing lebron...

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I first saw James as a freshman and he was so small. It was so funny. His game was totally different. It was in his Sophomore year that I started getting free tickets to his games, which were close by. People said he was the best sophomore in the nation, and after the first game I thought he was good but not a #1 pick. However, I saw so many things from that game on, and I was convinced by the start of his junior year. I really went to his games trying to find negatives, but he seemed to do something new every game. However, even after he started his big time training program, he never really used his body and he is still learning that now. I see him play tougher each game.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I first saw highlights of him in the tail end of his junior year. And then the first full game I saw was the one against Oak Hill on ESPN2. And I was sold from then on. It was never just about what he was doing, it was about HOW he was doing it. He was making NBA passes, not like fancy passes, but throwing NBA skip passes...doing the right play at the right time for the given situation, just naturally...And then he went off for a stretch sort of like a junior version of what he does now sometimes, where he just kind of goes wild and it seems like everything is going his way.

I can honestly say there's never been a point where I've doubted this kid. But I still didn't expect him to do what he is doing so quickly. Maybe if I had seen his progression over high school...but he is such a quick learner. I don't know if I've seen a player quite as quick as him at picking things up. KG was pretty up there. I don't know what Jordan was like at that age. And I wasn't even born when Magic was that age. So for me this is a once in a lifetime player...and it's a lifetime that started with Jordan. Talk about a fortunate time to be a fan of basketball(for all the garbage people talk about the NBA).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.