Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a number of mock drafts I am seeing Lenny Cooke has fallen out of the draft all together. Is this true?

I know he was hurt at the Chicago camp, but did he hurt himself that much or did other players play themselves ahead of him?

I would love to pick him up and let him grow on IR, especially if we don't have to use a second rd. pick on him.

31.Grizzard/Prince/Gadzuric

Who else has fallen out? How many Euro's are going to pull out? That will probably affect him and a few others.

Getting more curious about the second round as the first round tarts to solidify.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I don't see Cooke slipping out of the second round, even with an injury. I don't put much credence in mock drafts anyways. If he is there, I would definitely be happy if we could nab him with our 2nd pick in round two.

This is such a deep draft, there could be several guys picked after the first round who have long, successful careers. I believe Lenny Cooke will be one of them. He is a consensus top 5 high school player. I think it would be a smart move to let the kid develop while on IR.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by dkg1
I don't see Cooke slipping out of the second round, even with an injury. I don't put much credence in mock drafts anyways. If he is there, I would definitely be happy if we could nab him with our 2nd pick in round two.

This is such a deep draft, there could be several guys picked after the first round who have long, successful careers. I believe Lenny Cooke will be one of them. He is a consensus top 5 high school player. I think it would be a smart move to let the kid develop while on IR.
I actually think that Minnesot or The sixers gonna take a flier on this guy in the second round. No Minnesota nor the sixers are in a rebuilding stage but at the same time they both will have a need for a SG in the near future so why not. This guy got skills its just a matter of putting it all together with him

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
i would sign this guy as a free agent if he dosent get drafted, and maybe deangelo collins

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by JOHNNY_BRAVisimO
i would sign this guy as a free agent if he dosent get drafted, and maybe deangelo collins
Deangelo is definitley getting drafted. Aint no way Cooke not getting drafted either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I believe that Cooke is falling because of some off court problems. The performance of last year's high schoolers certainly didn't help his case either. I still believe that on talent alone Cooke should be a first rounder. We can take a chance on him in the second round, especially with our second pick. However, knowing how much Krause emphasizes on character, I doubt that he will take a chance on Cooke.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts