Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It kinda does.

Years of having to listen Muddy both on here, on Xavier websites, on Big East sites. Other relentless Dayton fans...I know it's not all of them just the vocal minority. And hey, I am sure UMASS Lowell is a quality program

·
Piker
10,607 Posts
It kinda does.

Years of having to listen Muddy both on here, on Xavier websites, on Big East sites. Other relentless Dayton fans...I know it's not all of them just the vocal minority. And hey, I am sure UMASS Lowell is a quality program
My question... is X that much better over the last 10 years? It is about the same really. Last NCAA appearance for UD was 2017 and COVID took away postseason from their historic regular season. X's last appearance was 2018. UD will be fine. They have a very young team this year. As far as your question goes, no UD has not passed Xavier as a program but Xavier is not setting the world on fire lately either. I guess the Ohio State win has you excited but I watched Akron almost beat them. Should have really.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My question... is X that much better over the last 10 years? It is about the same really. Last NCAA appearance for UD was 2017 and COVID took away postseason from their historic regular season. X's last appearance was 2018. UD will be fine. They have a very young team this year. As far as your question goes, no UD has not passed Xavier as a program but Xavier is not setting the world on fire lately either. I guess the Ohio State win has you excited but I watched Akron almost beat them. Should have really.
Yeah, all the folks at X are really lamenting not beating Dayton at home for the 470th time in a row...became boring. We had to go all the way to Orlando to spank them by 30 since leaving the A10. Dayton had a nice Obi run for sure and they have now rightfully resumed their place as the 6-7th best team in Ohio (maybe lower, seriously..UC, OSU, X, Ohio U, Kent State, Akron..are there others?). Muddy is still around under different names, but you know it's him. Im glad the board has been successful, I always enjoyed it. Still, I would like to see more charts and graphs showing the demise of X

·
Piker
10,607 Posts
Yeah, all the folks at X are really lamenting not beating Dayton at home for the 470th time in a row...became boring. We had to go all the way to Orlando to spank them by 30 since leaving the A10. Dayton had a nice Obi run for sure and they have now rightfully resumed their place as the 6-7th best team in Ohio (maybe lower, seriously..UC, OSU, X, Ohio U, Kent State, Akron..are there others?). Muddy is still around under different names, but you know it's him. Im glad the board has been successful, I always enjoyed it. Still, I would like to see more charts and graphs showing the demise of X
Yeah, I have only been around for the time period of VCU beating X in Ohio. The league got 4 or 5 bids that season. I don't remember if X was one of the bids.

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
All the folks at X are lamenting about not beating Dayton but all the folks at UD aren’t talking about X … about anything to do with X actually.

Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others He who envies others does not achieve peace. - Buddha

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
All the folks at X are lamenting about not beating Dayton but all the folks at UD aren’t talking about X … about anything to do with X actually.

Do not overrate what you have received, nor envy others He who envies others does not achieve peace. - Buddha
This reminds me... my coworkers were talking the other day about some coaches' son (possibly Calipari?), who was like walk-on talent at best, being on scholarship, and he had a tattoo on his chest that said "Earned Not Given" when his status was clearly the opposite.

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
I think it’s a shame that the Xavier - Dayton series ended with Xavier’s departure from the A-10. Man up X! Restart a home and home series!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts