Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard somewhere they were gonna sign him to the rookie min..
but i dont know if its true yet.. hopefully hell make the team hes a lot better than simmons and nesby.. Jordan needs to get off simmons jock hes not that good at all!!!

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Grizzard has not signed. Popeye is still a FA and there is only 1 roster spot left. Either a move is going to be made which Grizzard gets moved in a trade, or 2 spots are going to open up by a move and the Wizards are going to bring back Popeye and sign Grizzard.

That is my guess. They may just have him play in Europe for a year, or renounce him all together.

·
Registered
973 Posts
i think we should just screw popeye over and go after Grizzard and see how he can do. Jones has already showed us he can be a good backup, but we don't need him, and he'll just take up cap space for next year when we decide to get a big name FA and then resign Rip.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
We need him to help develop Kwame, as much as I wish that were not the case.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think Grizzard has a ton of potential to be a great NBA player someday, but Jones has proven he can contribute and play solid throughout a whole NBA season. The Wizards also need a veteran like Popeye on the team. I think it will be better if Grizzard plays in Europe and improves his game there, and in a few years he will have a great shot at making an NBA roster.

·
Registered
920 Posts
You say there is only one roster spot left, is that counting the three spots on the IR? If it is I say you sign Grizzo and let Popeye walk because he hurts my eyes when I see him on TV, and because he sucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts