Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KG played better than LeBron tonight, but I am talking about this season.

LeBron is #4 in scoring
KG #8 in rebound, #18 in scoring

LeBron: 28, 6, 4

KG: 21, 10+, 6

·
Registered
10,142 Posts
Ballscientist said:
KG played better than LeBron tonight, but I am talking about this season.

LeBron is #4 in scoring
KG #8 in rebound, #18 in scoring

LeBron: 28, 6, 4

KG: 21, 10+, 6
so because lebron is scoring 7 more points a game you define this as surpassing??? KG grabs more rebounds and dishes out more assists and has a far greater impact on games.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Defense is what separates them, and in that sense it isn't close. KG quite comfortably unless he starts to decline soon. I thought he declined slightly last season, but he has looked good this season.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
KG is still better than Lebron. I would still pick KG for my team rather than Lebron.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Has LeBron ever made the playoffs? No he hasnt so Kg is still better because atleast he can carry a team. Dont get me wrong I like King James alot but he still has yet to fulfill his potential in my mind

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
no he has less points but he is a pf and he has more assists plus he has more boards blocks and i beliebe less turnovers and a better fg% shooting nearly 60%

·
Restore the Roar
7,393 Posts
a. There is the simple fact that you're comparing a PF playing the position with a big's faceup game... to a small forward playing as a slashing distributor closer to the SG than the PF spot.

b. As has been stated, KG is a better defender whilst still an apt scorer, which if you must compare them... does separate them.

Don't get me wrong, LBJ may be a future GoaT... and Garnett may not even be a future greatest big... but this is like comparing apples and oranges.

-Chris.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
No way!!! i mean lebron is great and all, he can do everything KG can do on the offensive end (no where near as good back to the basket as KG), but defense is about 30 -40% less then KGs effort on that end....KG can lift a team into the playoffs AS A OUT OF HIGH SCHOOL player....while LBJ hasnt, so dont gimme this LBJ hasnt reached his potential crap yet.....like i said, LBJ is equiped better then KG offensively, but i doubt will be no where near the defensive player that KG is, and its really hard to justify and compare these 2, but i guess u can at the same time becoz they are both adept ball handlers, rebounders (KG is superior though, and blocks), steals and dimes, but at the same time, LBJ is a slasher type of forward while KG powers his way through...KG still for me...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
KG. like EHL said. :)

·
Player
7,852 Posts
i'll take kevin, never seen him get shut down the way lebron was by artest. plus he gives you a better halfcourt offense. put a guy on lebron that can minimize his athleticism, and his game disappears.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
EHL said:
Defense is what separates them, and in that sense it isn't close. KG quite comfortably unless he starts to decline soon. I thought he declined slightly last season, but he has looked good this season.
Yeah exactly. LeBron is steadily moving up like I said he would from day one, but he'll probably be a top 5 player by seasons end. Passing Garnett and Duncan will take awhile, unless those two start declining.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts