Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or do you want to see another game or 2, or perhaps go with matchups?

I picked Veal in our poll when Vaughn went down as he just knows the system, and is willing to defer to others...

-Petey

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Petey said:
Or do you want to see another game or 2, or perhaps go with matchups?

I picked Veal in our poll when Vaughn went down as he just knows the system, and is willing to defer to others...

-Petey
As I've mentioned from the other thread, I'd like to see him start, but depends on the matchups.
I'de like to see ZP to start as the other starting 3. And I noticed from the Cavs game, Frank used this combination: Kidd, Carter, Planinic, Krstic, and I can't remember the other one in PF, either Cliffy or Twin. I think Frank is into something when he did that.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Veal was incredible last night. All hustle, all the time. The more time he gets, I think he'll make less stupid errors too. But even w/ the ****ups, I love the hustle. And the passing. He helps guys get open looks (often close to the basket), and if he's rebounding too (like last night), he's a huge asset on the floor.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think he also lead the team in rebounds last night.

-Petey

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
He did good last night, I think having a big line-up like that could do us good.
If we have two 7 footers, and our small foward is a 6'9 guy, that's pretty good.
I think it does depend on the other teams line-up too though, so I wouldn't be completely surprised if we don't see him start one night.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
His hustle around the offensive glass has been impressive. If he isn't getting the board he is tipping it out or making life difficult for the opposition. As far as keeping him a starter I think it all depends on matchups. If we go up against a team with a fast guard like AI, I would rather have Best chasing him then Kidd or VC.

That Philly game will be the one we really miss Vaughn. :frown:

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Netted- said:
His hustle around the offensive glass has been impressive. If he isn't getting the board he is tipping it out or making life difficult for the opposition. As far as keeping him a starter I think it all depends on matchups. If we go up against a team with a fast guard like AI, I would rather have Best chasing him then Kidd or VC.

That Philly game will be the one we really miss Vaughn. :frown:
I think w/ increased playing time, Best will deliver for us, and he plays pretty good D. Vaughn would be better on AI, of course, but hopefully Best can provide a little more scoring.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
One of the headlines in the Star Ledger is he's earned another start.

I like Veal...he knows that he has to hustle, and knock down his shots to be effective. Not to mention, he knows what to do on the court...

·
Registered
53 Posts
i wish the veal have had the athletic ability as big as his heart ( that would made him one of the biggest players of all time :biggrin: )

but i think frank will adjust the line up through out the remaining games . he will analyze what's the best line up for the oppenent and set the team as that direction . in my opinion veal will play important part in each upcoming games . after last nights game i think he earned that too .

·
Registered
110 Posts
he definetly deserves the starting spot if he continues to hustle the way he has.

He would have been big for the Nets if he had been able to stay healthy earlier in the year

1 - 17 of 17 Posts