Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Arizona's Hassan Adams will enter the 2005 NBA Draft but won't hire an agent, allowing himself the option of returning to school in 2005-06, CBS SportsLine.com learned Friday. Adams, a 6-foot-4 junior who was shifted from power forward to the wing this season, has seen his scoring dip from 17.2 points per game in 2003-04 to 12.3 ppg this season. His shooting accuracy also has dipped, from 54.2 percent to 47.9 percent overall, and from 38.4 percent to 25 percent on 3-pointers." SportsLine.com

"Arizona junior guard Hassan Adams refuted a report Friday on cbs.sportsline.com saying he has decided to forgo his college eligibility and will declare for the NBA draft in the summer. The story said, however, that Adams would not hire an agent - a move that would continue to make him eligible to play next season if he decides to return to UA. "It's not true," Adams said, through a school sports information employee, going as far as criticizing the report for misrepresenting the facts." Arizona Republic

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
He's played well in the tourney, and I think his long arms and incredible bounce make up for the lack of height. Still, he needs to develop some kind of a midrange game. I bet he ends up pulling out...

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
He is already friends with many people in the clippers orginization. I can see him there!

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I think he'll be a fine player in the NBA. He has been bounced around the Arizona lineup, playing PF (which he actually played well). I like the Fred Jones comparison from nbadraft.net. He's a versatile athlete and will find a place in the league. I don't see him coming out this year, though. With Stoudamire and Frye leaving, he'd get a chance to be the go-to guy next year and boost his stock.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
RebelSun said:
I think he'll be a fine player in the NBA. He has been bounced around the Arizona lineup, playing PF (which he actually played well). I like the Fred Jones comparison from nbadraft.net. He's a versatile athlete and will find a place in the league. I don't see him coming out this year, though. With Stoudamire and Frye leaving, he'd get a chance to be the go-to guy next year and boost his stock.
Except for Hassan Adams cant hit 3's like Fred Jones....

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
yea, Hassan is a poor man's Freddie Jones right now. I think someone will pick him up with a 1st rounder. I really don't see a scenario where he'll ever go in the lottery, even if he puts up great numbers next year.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Yeah the NBA is really in need of 6'4 SF...who can't hit from the perimeter.

I really like Adams as a Frosh, but his lack of growth in the shooting dept will really kill his NBA chances IMO....

Romain Sato was another undersized but great rebounding SG, where is he now?

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Minus that ugly shot there at the end tonight, i thought adams looked pretty good. eh, go pro. you can develop the jumper once you get there.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
This guy plays with heart and drives the lane well not to mention playing good defense. I think he will pull out of the draft this year and as RebelSun mentioned earlier, he does have a chance to improve his stock as he will probably be the go to guy next season for Zona.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Adams looks really strong and to me seems like his style of play will land him as being an NBA bench player. He's really too short to be considered a legit SF and doesn't have the shooting to play SG.

I think that his physical gifts will allow him to play pretty good defense and will act as a spark plug off the bench ala Reuben Patterson.

Short. Strong. Physical. Energy. Good Rebounder. Poor Shooter.

Yeah, I like the Patterson comparison and think that he may serve well on an NBA in that faculty.

Zona is a really short team this year...I think...especially when they play Adams at the PF spot.

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
I really like the comparrison to Ruben Patterson. He has more range then Ruben, but both leave it all on the floor. His stock will never be higher, he should just go now. I think he'll be able to play SG in the NBA.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
TonyM said:
That's all the Clippers need - more youth. :laugh:
So what do they get in the draft? More experienced players?

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
yes, by packaging 1 or 2 of those players along with a draft pick for someone with more than 5 years experience. what did i see - 3 guys that have played more than 5 yrs?

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"Just more than a week after head coach Lute Olson predicted that junior guard Hassan Adams would leave school early for the NBA, Olson said he thinks Adams will be back for his senior season. After talking to NBA scouts in the past week, Olson relayed that not one scout considered Adams ready for the NBA. "As of this point, I don't think Hassan will go," Olson said. "Where I felt at the end of the year that it would probably be a done deal, I don't think it is." Arizona Daily News

"Olson said the NBA scouts and officials he talked to said Adams needs more work on his perimeter skills. Adams played power forward as a sophomore in 2003-04 and struggled initially this season after moving to small forward." Arizona Daily Star

"It might not matter. One NBA personnel director has
His number have slipped this year. I think he'll stay.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
He's a SG playing PF/SF because Lute Olsen didn't have any size. He's a SG, who really hasn't gotten a chance to show his all-around game, first because of Igoudala and then Stoudemire. He'll get his chance this year. He's a tremendous rebounder for a wing player.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts