Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/basketball/7852979.htm

Forty-six games into the NBA season, it is fairly well-established that Trenton Hassell is a defensive standout for the Timberwolves.

After the Wolves' 106-101 victory over the Philadelphia 76ers on Sunday at the Target Center, Hassell also proved he can be politically correct. When asked about the toughest players he has had to defend in the NBA, Hassell said Sixers all-star guard Allen Iverson ranks among "the top two.''

Hassell listed Iverson as No. 2, which generated suspense about his No. 1 opponent.

"It's K.G.,'' Hassell said smiling, referring to teammate Kevin Garnett. "I had to guard him a few times.''

Hassell was not referring to Wolves practices. The 6-foot-5 swingman had to defend Garnett during Hassell's two seasons with the Chicago Bulls (2001-02, 2002-03).

Hassell still had high regard for Iverson, who struggled to score 28 points (8-for-21 shooting) in Sunday's loss to the Wolves. Hassell played a key role in limiting Iverson's drives to the basket in the second half. In 43 minutes, Hassell had eight points, four rebounds, three assists, two blocked shots and one steal.

"A lot of the guys I defend are not as quick as me,'' Hassell said. "With Iverson, you have to do some different things. You have to do what you can to keep him in front of you.''

--------
A few other stuff about Timberwolves, i.e. Cassell's bid for the AS game, can also be found in the article.

·
Wolves Enthusiast
6,038 Posts
this guy did stop him, ivo did most of his scoring in the first half. and got a few in the fourth, but thats it

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
8-21 would be freakish for KG, not AI. But Hassell's good. Now if he had a partner for Robinson... and a very good center (like most other teams)...

FWIW T-Mac lit up Artest twice this year. Badly.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hassell has easily been the 4th best player on the team this season. His defense is stellar, and he will knock down the perimeter shot more often than not.

I think he's earned the starters spot even after Wally comes back.

He is the best perimeter defender this team has EVER had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts