Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bet many of us do!

Remember last off season we had an interview lined up with John through Brandon Fraiser? Well as most of you know, Brandon backed out. However, I contacted John directly and he said any time!

Five questions. Post your questions here. The CM and the bulls mods will pick what they believe is the very best five questions that we, as a community would like to see John answer!.

If we use your question, your name (handle) will be submitted along with it. So now is your chance to ask John questions. Please be aware that if the question is disrespectful or out in left field so to speak that chances are John won't answer your question and we will be stuck with four instead of five.

John is aware of our site. Of our community

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truebluefan</b>!
I bet many of us do!

Remember last off season we had an interview lined up with John through Brandon Fraiser? Well as most of you know, Brandon backed out. However, I contacted John directly and he said any time!

Five questions. Post your questions here. The CM and the bulls mods will pick what they believe is the very best five questions that we, as a community would like to see John answer!.

If we use your question, your name (handle) will be submitted along with it. So now is your chance to ask John questions. Please be aware that if the question is disrespectful or out in left field so to speak that chances are John won't answer your question and we will be stuck with four instead of five.

John is aware of our site. Of our community
oh man. I have some questions, but I probably shouldnt post them out of respect. But here is one legit question

Why has the rest of the league discovered Europe and the Bulls have been a miserable failure there since the Kukoc pick? Is this from a lack of scouting or just plain ignorance that good ball can be played out of the good ole u s of a.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
How likely is it that the Bulls are going to use the MLE? Or even part of it? Given the current record it's a lot of money to spend on a losing team, but several free agents out there could help the Bulls, so will the Bulls be allowed to spend it?

·
Registered
246 Posts
John, do you think that the lack of on court time the young players have had with eachother has been an ultimate factor in their development as a core?

What do you consider a proper offseason and what should each of our players be focusing on this next offseason?

Do you plan on keeping on Ronald Dupree long term? Say to a 3-4 year deal?

What player in the upcoming 2004 NBA draft do you believe could help the Bulls the most?

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Please explain the Bulls' stance towards Jay Williams. Do the Bulls have the power to void his contract? Have you been working towards a buyout? Is there, as rumored, an agreement within the buyout that Williams will resign with the Bulls if he is able to return? Do you have any long term expectations for his return?

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
What details/stories of interest can you tell us about competing with your brother as GM's for two teams struggling (albeit in somewhat different ways) in the same division?

When will the Bulls retire Norm Van Lier's jersey?

·
Old-Timer
2,619 Posts
How concerned are you with Tyson having to sit out the last month a half with a back injury? Also, is there any significant worry of him doing more harm to his back by returning too soon this season?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
John, first off, I would just like to say great job so far. I'm sure it's very demanding, and requires a lot of time. Even though all of us fans bicker to no end, we're all rooting for you.

Now, onto the question. Currently, what do you see as this team's biggest weakness(es), and what actions do you plan to take to help remedy them in the offseason, or at the trade deadline?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Re: Re: Have questions for John Paxson?

Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

oh man. I have some questions, but I probably shouldnt post them out of respect. But here is one legit question

Why has the rest of the league discovered Europe and the Bulls have been a miserable failure there since the Kukoc pick? Is this from a lack of scouting or just plain ignorance that good ball can be played out of the good ole u s of a.

RLUCAS,

That is a great question and one of the first that came to my mind, but if I may be so bold as to restate it without the obvious disgust :grinning:

Why has the rest of the league discovered Europe and the Bulls have not been succesful there since the Kukoc pick? With the abundance of great passers and shooters in Europe, something we need desperately, what are the Bulls doing to improve their knowledge and relationships with Euro players?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
John,

How difficult is it to come in and make the changes you feel are needed when the organization tied itself and it's fan base to the success or failure of the Three C's (Curry, Chandler and Crawford)?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
John,

The toughest thing that needs to be changed with the Bulls is the culture of 'losing', which has developed when Krause build teams to lose. This has manifested itself wthin the organisation, and still exists. I know this was one reason why you signed Scottie Pippen in the offseason, to help stop this. What are the key areas to change so this 'losing' culture disappears?

This is the 6th year of rebuilding, and Bulls don't want to become the Clippers of the East. Sometimes things continually spiral, and you can't get out of it. For example, you continually add youth through high draft picks, but without effective veterans and other inexperience, you continue to lose. You can clear space for free agency, but the good/great players don't want to play for you because you are a losing/rebuilding team. Which direction will the Bulls take? What is your general plan to make the Bulls to the playoffs ASAP?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
What are the biggest mistakes the Bulls did since the rebuilding, and how to avoid them in the future? Please don’t say that the rebuilding itself is a biggest mistake, we all know that now. Tell us about other mistakes, related to the player’s selections.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Do you ever wake up with nightmares about trading away Matt Bonner? What about Roger Mason, what's with him? Touted as a lottery pick if he'd only declared a year later, and after paying him for a year to do not very much at all he's moved on.

Wait, those questions won't be chosen.......:banghead:

·
Registered
892 Posts
John, in terms of structure, personnel and method of operation, could you describe some of the more significant changes you've made to the Basketball Operations Department. And how do you feel those changes will improve the Bulls ability to effectively acquire and develop the kind of players we need to return to championship contention?

·
Registered
892 Posts
John, please describe the kind of interaction that occurs between you and Coach Skiles. For example, how often do you talk? Does he have a say in personnel matters, specifically with regards to trading away and acquiring certain players? Does Coach Skiles have complete autonomy when it comes to who plays and how minutes are distributed?

And finally, is there really such a thing as "showcasing a player" for a trade, and if there is, could you please describe how you and Coach Skiles would manage such an event.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Hey John, Thanks for agreeing to take sone of our questions. Classy as always.

1.) I know Ivica Dukan handles the Bulls european scouting duties and I know BJ Armstrong handles a lot of domestic scouting. Could you tell us how many scouts the Bulls have and what their areas of expertise are? WHo are the Bulls advance scouts? If someone wanted to try to get into scouting for the Bulls what path would you reccomend?

2.) Do you think this Bulls team will be markedly better when Tyson Chandler is able to come out and play every game?

3.) When will the Bulls get a reliable small forward? It seems like they haven't had one on the roster since Ron Artest. No disprespect to Scottie Pippen but he is at an age where he can't play heavy minutes and Eddie Robinson is often injured.

4.) Has it really gotten to the point where some of the Bulls younger players accept losing and have stopped practicing and working hard?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
John,

How essential was it in your mind to trade Jalen Rose? Was this something that was on the cards once you were hired?

·
Registered
202 Posts
John

is there any chance to go after Dejaun Wagner from your brother's team. Jamal will be coming up for an extension soon and I think Dejaun would fit in really nice.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.