Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fear The Red
8,884 Posts
Ballyhoo said:
1-15 to start the season, and now if we drop the last 5 games, we'll finish the season with a 1-14 streak. I hope Colangelo can work some magic this offseason.
no i think we have improved a lot since our 1-15 start, remember we havent had bosh for 6 (i think) games so and had we had him we could have won a couple of those games

·
Registered
456 Posts
ive been saying this all yr., but this team is just not very good...when your defense is atrocious and you cant rebound, your team just wont win many games, its as simple as that...

i think this contrary to what most ppl here think, but the rebuilding process here is still in its early stages...we're still far ways off on the defense end to where its at least acceptable and we cant legitemely compete with the better teams in the league...signing pryzbilla or mohammed wont imo, make as much as difference as ppl here think...sure they would help somewhat, but how much did they help in por. or ny (when mohammed was still there)?? those teams were still terrible on defense even with those guys...they're not significant difference makers...

similarly, there arent imo, any difference makers on the def. end through the draft...so with no difference maker through fa or the draft, we'll still be terrible on def. next yr...im sure this is not suprising, but frankly im not expecting much of an improvement in next yr team...

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
shookem said:
What on earth makes you think that?
Sam Mitchell is a good coach in some aspects, but at the same time, he's honestly terrible in other aspects. However, you can't just expect some guy to come in and be the a great coach right away. It takes time to learn from your mistakes and adjust your coaching style and to pick up tips and tricks. I think, give him a year or two and he will be a solid coach.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
anniebananerz said:
Sam Mitchell is a good coach in some aspects, but at the same time, he's honestly terrible in other aspects. However, you can't just expect some guy to come in and be the a great coach right away. It takes time to learn from your mistakes and adjust your coaching style and to pick up tips and tricks. I think, give him a year or two and he will be a solid coach.
Well, I feel good that when I buy a ticket to see the Raps play, I'm paying to watch Sam Mitchell learn on the job. Sorry, that's not they way the world works. The only reason Sam is still here is to make the franchise to look stable untill Bosh signs. After that Sam will be gone as he should be.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Everyone seems to put all the blame on the players in terms of our defense. Which is completely unfair, good defence can come from good defensive coaching. Unfortunately Sam is not a good defensive coach. He refuses to believe that defense can be taught (see sig) and would rather rely on motivation (yelling at the guys when they are in the wrong position).
With a good defensive coach, the teams defense would be leaps and bounds better.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Team Mao said:
Everyone seems to put all the blame on the players in terms of our defense. Which is completely unfair, good defence can come from good defensive coaching.

OK. By that logic Larry Brown was an amazing defensive coach last year, and has become a horrible defensive coach this year. Or could it be the players? Hmmmmm..

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Hope the Raps lose all the games remaining. I think Babs should experiment w/ the youngsters playing more minutes now. All I care about now is getting high draft picks. I know Colangelo isn't much interested in the draft this yr but if the right prospect came the Raptors way it would be good. Also w/ higher draft picks, he has better cards to deal.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Ballyhoo said:
1-15 to start the season, and now if we drop the last 5 games, we'll finish the season with a 1-14 streak. I hope Colangelo can work some magic this offseason.
Well not to worry there they told AD to go home and shut bosh down to position themself for the future (better draft position / try out some subs.)

Since BC got on board there have been some very subtle things going on here... none lost on me...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.