Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, the Hawks were up by 20+ at a couple points in the first half. They really just dominated from the opening tip, and embarrassed the Spurs. Big win to boost their confidence.

Too bad the Spurs are still a top 3 team and the Hawks still blow. Oh well, at least Atlanta doesn't lose every night, that's all I'm saying...like the Magic.:D

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Spurs probably overlooked this game and thought they could get an easy win. I still think theyre the best team in the NBA as of this moment though. Was it sweet revenge for Stephen Jackson? What were his stats?

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
The San Antonio Spurs.:uhoh:

What in the **** happened? The Hawks got destroyed by the Lakers without Shaq and Malone, then the Spurs come in and get dominated by the Hawks. Yes, the final score may not look like domination, but the Spurs got vastly outplayed by the Hawks of all teams.

Just when the Spurs were riding high with a huge OT win against the Pacers, they go on the road on play like trash.

I'm still worried about the Spurs right now.Who is going to be intimidated by the Spurs when the come in to town? The Hawks weren't, so I don't know why anybody else would be.

Freakin Spurs. There are terrible losses, then there is this.:upset:

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Actually as good as the spurs have been playing, this was a good loss. Pop can point to this game and keep the team from getting too overconfident too early.

The Spurs have a tendency to drop oddball games. Remember when they lost to the Sixers without Robinson or Iverson?

I expect Popovich will use this loss to great effect.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
The Hawks won this game going away - wow! I'm glad for this and hope that they start to have a winning attitude. :)

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>HallOfFamer</b>!
Spurs probably overlooked this game and thought they could get an easy win. I still think theyre the best team in the NBA as of this moment though. Was it sweet revenge for Stephen Jackson? What were his stats?
Yeah, he didn't shoot the ball that well...but he had a fantastic all-around game and made a clutch shot to seal the win.

I think it's the first Hawks game in the last 5 years where 4 of their 5 starters actually made a big difference in the game (Terry, Jackson, Abdur-Rahim, Ratliff).

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
i know jackson is a scrub but that man has a knack for hitting big shots, i remember last year in the spurs title victory he hit a lot of big threes down the stretch when duncan, ginobilli and bowen were slumpng.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Hawks got dogged big time after losing to LA's scrubs by 50, then losing to Utah by 40.... I think they just wanted to send a message.... that message of course is, we still suck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts