Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a very entertaining uptempo game. Gerald Wallace has 40 pts. WOW! :jawdrop: It's 119-117 Bobcats.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,488 Posts
theres no doubt in my mind CP3 will win it. but i definately think that if felton had been putting up same averages of last 24 games ( 16.5ppg. 4.1 rpg. 6.4apg over 46%shooting overall and 3pt aswell!) for whole season he would definately win. but chris paul was better earlier on and that lingers in everyones mind. and so now even tho he's not playing as well ppl are not as receptive to the idea of other rookies
 

· kiss my grits
Joined
·
18,595 Posts
..

If Bobcats can get healthy they've got a very good core. Felton, Wallace, and Okafor are a very solid starting core. Felton could be a star level PG, Okafor is going to be a solid, yet unspectacular PF for a decade, and Wallace could be a two-way star for years if he can get himself a somewhat reliable jumper. Not sure if the jumper will ever happen though. When the Cats recently played Orlando, Gerald took an outside jumper and it was pretty fugly looking. And May can probably be a good big man coming off the bench at worst. Bobcats are building slowly and doing a good job of it.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TheATLien said:
May & Okafor are bums. But they have a decent foundation with Felton & Wallace.
Okafor owns the record for most consecutive double doubles by a rookie. Pretty impressive. He'll be a good player. The Bobcats have a great young core to build on.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,488 Posts
neoxsupreme said:
Okafor owns the record for most consecutive double doubles by a rookie. Pretty impressive. He'll be a good player. The Bobcats have a great young core to build on.
lol u didn't defend may. me no have absolutely any clue why he is on that team. felton i can understand the desire for a pg. but to draft an undersized powerforward behind ur franchise player who doesn't play center is just an utter waste of a pick
 

· Limehouse Blues
Joined
·
26,986 Posts
If they had been reasonably healthy all season Charlotte probably would be reasonably close to the last playoff spot.They have been pretty competitive,but they haven't been able to close out tight games that they had oppurtunities to win.I wonder what they will do in the draft and whether or not they are going to come up with the money for Melvin Ely who has proven he can be pretty effective this season.

They are going to have a lot of cap room.(I think in the neighbourhood of 17 million dollars) and a very high draft pick so they have the potential to make a major improvement next season.Really they have only one major hole at shooting guard.I don't know what sort of free agents are available,but if they get hold of a productive two guard that they could go to at the end of games they should be a lot better next season.If they can they probably draft Rudy Gay to play SG,but I really wonder if he cares about being a good player.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
21,860 Posts
TheATLien said:
May & Okafor are bums. But they have a decent foundation with Felton & Wallace.
I can only half agree with that, May is a complete bum. Waste of a pick...hated him in college, hate him in the NBA...and with good reason too.

Okafor on the other hand is a very solid option for the Bobcats and has been playing well since he got into the league.
 

· _(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
Joined
·
27,987 Posts
He had a solid offensive night against Memphis, too. 25 points, I think.

Felton and Knight in the backcourt is an assist assembly line. Charlotte is a team who is way better than their record. Even with their injured guys out, they've been in a lot of games, and their inexperience has allowed most of those to get away from them. I don't think they're even in the conversation when it comes to talking about the worst team in the league.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,876 Posts
Gerald deserves DPOY award
 

· Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Rawse said:
He had a solid offensive night against Memphis, too. 25 points, I think.

Felton and Knight in the backcourt is an assist assembly line. Charlotte is a team who is way better than their record. Even with their injured guys out, they've been in a lot of games, and their inexperience has allowed most of those to get away from them. I don't think they're even in the conversation when it comes to talking about the worst team in the league.
The problem is that they're probably going to have to deal Brevin before next season. I don't think he'll take too kindly to going back to the bench after he obviously worked hard on his offensive game in the off-season. But yeah, the Bobcats have some nice pieces in place and they were more competitive than their record shows, even without Okafor. Hopefully he can come back and pick up where he left off, and Gerald Wallace can stay in one piece. That guy is kind of reckless with his body.
 

· _(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
Joined
·
27,987 Posts
bandits1 said:
The problem is that they're probably going to have to deal Brevin before next season. I don't think he'll take too kindly to going back to the bench after he obviously worked hard on his offensive game in the off-season. But yeah, the Bobcats have some nice pieces in place and they were more competitive than their record shows, even without Okafor. Hopefully he can come back and pick up where he left off, and Gerald Wallace can stay in one piece. That guy is kind of reckless with his body.
Brevin Knight's a great character and locker room guy, and he's been a journeyman stopgap point guard for virtually his entire career. He's 30 years old now and simply isn't a starting point guard on a competitive team.

I think he'd accept a move to the bench, as long as he doesn't consistently get DNP-CD'ed.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Rawse said:
Brevin Knight's a great character and locker room guy, and he's been a journeyman stopgap point guard for virtually his entire career. He's 30 years old now and simply isn't a starting point guard on a competitive team.

I think he'd accept a move to the bench, as long as he doesn't consistently get DNP-CD'ed.
That's what I hope will happen. I just feel like he's worked hard on his offense - that's apparent, he used to be like Muggy Bogues - and did that work so he could land a starting job. We'll see, but I hope he stays.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top