Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Just read that. Things just keep getting worse and worse for us. Now I guess Kwame will have to step to the plate or get theheck out of town.
We are not gonna last long in the playoffs folks even if we do make it in.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Where's a link to a story.

*EDIT* Nevermind. it said fractured Thumb tip, out 2-4 weeks so it will be 6.

Brendan Haywood Injury

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Once the Wizards world famous medical staff gets a hold of that thumb who knows when he'll be back. This is a tough loss. The Curse is working on destroying the season for sure.

I really don't think the way Haywood had been playing and Etan that there's gonna be much of a drop off. Etan will be more physical will cover less ground. Will probably score more.

Kwame might get the start at center who knows.

Dirty play by Brand took Haywood down. Very unfortunate situation.

I still think the Wizards can make some noise.

Too much excuse making for the Wizards now every game we lose it'll be because Haywoods out.

But when he was there we were up and down, we just need to buckle down and get focused is all.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
wow the curse strikes again. Once again, how many games has the team played with a starting lineup of Haywood-Kwame-Jamison-Hughes Arenas?

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Haywood being out wouldn't make us "done" by itself, but it could very well be a straw that broke the camel's back type of situation. Obviously we aren't going to fall out of the playoffs or anything nearly that drastic, but it'll make the last month of the year very hard and not a whole lot of fun to watch. It all depends on when guys like Jamison and Dixon get back of course, but a final month that could have seen us going 10-5 or 11-4 could oh so easily now turn into 5-10 or 4-11 (again, not entirely because of this particular injury).

PG: Arenas/Blake
SG: Hughes/Profit
SF: Jeffries/Damone
PF: Kwame/Ruffin
C: Etan/Ramos?

... is what we have to look forward to for the next few weeks :dead:

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
MJG said:
Haywood being out wouldn't make us "done" by itself, but it could very well be a straw that broke the camel's back type of situation. Obviously we aren't going to fall out of the playoffs or anything nearly that drastic, but it'll make the last month of the year very hard and not a whole lot of fun to watch. It all depends on when guys like Jamison and Dixon get back of course, but a final month that could have seen us going 10-5 or 11-4 could oh so easily now turn into 5-10 or 4-11 (again, not entirely because of this particular injury).

PG: Arenas/Blake
SG: Hughes/Profit
SF: Jeffries/Damone
PF: Kwame/Ruffin
C: Etan/Ramos?

... is what we have to look forward to for the next few weeks :dead:
Hold onto your hat MJG but I think we should activate Ramos and start giving him a few minutes. Its time to see if he can help us some. His big body could clog things us time to see what he has. Not at the expense of losing games but because he has a big body.

I'd be more inclined to start Ruffin at 4 and kwame at 5 just because I want a fresh guy playing center a fresh bigger guy not the smaller Ruffin.

I think we'll see alot of line-ups with Kwame at center as well.

But I agree with your basic premise that this could make things much harder because it reduces the number of solid players we have. We're down to Damone brown and Ruffin getting more floor time which hurts our overall production.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jazzy1 said:
I think we'll see alot of line-ups with Kwame at center as well.
I actually think Kwame starts at Center.

Arenas
Hughes
Profit/Damone
Jeffries
Kwame

Then when Jamison gets back, hopefully in the next few games-

Arenas
Hughes
Jamison
Jeffries
Kwame

We just have to find a lineup that works for us without Wood. Our Apriil Schedule features 7 of 12 games at home, I still think we can get homecourt advantage if we win the games we should.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
aftermath said:
Bring in Ramos!

:banana:
We may very well have to. Our entire big man group consists of Kwame, Etan, and Ruffin. We can slide JJ over to PF some I'm sure, but I still have a hard time picturing this group filling the 96 PF/C minutes every night, not with fouls and injuries (got to expect some of those).

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
The April schedule is fairly easy so we should be able to go at least .500 and better if Kwame and Etan show up every once in a while. I'd love to get home court, but I'm pretty much expecting the Bulls to pass us. Nobody else is playing well, either, though.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Don't get your hopes up for a second round appearance unless the Wizards get healthy soon. The playoffs are almost here, and I think we're a lock, although not clinched, to make the playoffs, but second round over the Cavs or Bulls will be tough.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts