Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been clamoring for one of our Bulls to come up with a game winning shot for a what seems like two years now. Well it wasn't a buzzer beater, but Jamal Crawford hit what would have to be the single biggest shot of his career thus far, I think. So props to the guy, who had the ball in his hands and found a way to WIN this time! Hopefully the feeling will become more familiar.

Props too to Curry for a strong game, especially down the stretch. Huge block!

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Splitting hairs, I know, but it was not a "game-winning shot", it was a "game-saving shot".

These have been equally scarce.

·
Registered
892 Posts
According to Red Kerr, Curry's two blocks tonight were his first since 12/13. That's nine games for Curry since he the last time he swatted away a shot in anger. What a force!

·
Registered
892 Posts
As for Crawford's last shot, lets keep in mind something his coach said a few days earlier:

"There have been games that [Crawford] has thrown in circus shots near the end," Skiles said. "But there's a lot more to the game than that. And that goes for everybody."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...gamer,1,2122760.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

This guy sometimes seems to know Crawford a little too well. It's almost scary the way he mentions things just before they actually happen. Take for example his remarks about how Crawford's "O" game feeds off his defensive efforts. After a 5 point game in NJ, Skiles has Crawford defend James in Cleveland and bingo...a 30 point game for JC while holding LeBron to 18 points on 7-24 shooting.

If Crawford has any hope of remaining in Chicago, he'd better take seriously everything Skies says to/about him.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
I think I would call it a game winning shot because if Crawford hadn't hit the fadeaway when he did we would probably be talking about a L right now. He also hit all of his free throws to ice th game. I THINK Jamal had an even bigger game winning shot that was a three last season but my memory is a lil fuzzy.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Ace, I don't think the fans will ever give Jamal any credit...

Now if Hinrich had took a charge to save the game, this would be a completely different story.

·
Registered
8,660 Posts
LOL.....some of u guyz can't even give him credit w/o criticizing him for a couple more paragraphs.

The Jamal hating in here has gotten ridiculous. When someting bad happens - its Jamal's fault. When the Bulls win - Jamal's still blamed for every wrong in the game. He hits a GW, people try to nitpick even on that.

This board used to be a fun place b4 Jamal stole 75% of the posters g/f's in here.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SPMJ</b>!
LOL.....some of u guyz can't even give him credit w/o criticizing him for a couple more paragraphs.

The Jamal hating in here has gotten ridiculous. When someting bad happens - its Jamal's fault. When the Bulls win - Jamal's still blamed for every wrong in the game. He hits a GW, people try to nitpick even on that.

This board used to be a fun place b4 Jamal stole 75% of the posters g/f's in here.
Totally agree with everything said above :yes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts