Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most people have an argument of who is the 2nd best center, and it usually comes down to two players: Michael Olowokandi and Brad Miller...

Here is there statistical breakdown...

Michael Olowokandi:
7-0 270*
PPG 11.1
RPG 8.9*
APG 1.1
SPG .69
BPG 1.81*
FG% .433
FT% .622
3P% .000
MPG 32.1*
Clippers Record: 39-43

Brad Miller:
7-0 261
PPG 12.7*
RPG 8.4
APG 2.1*
SPG 1.08*
BPG .60
FG% .460*
FT% .751*
3P% .500*
MPG 29.0
Pacers Record: 42-40*

·
Registered
920 Posts
What is wrong with Brad Miller? In Indiana he averaged 15 points a game. He has a nice 15 foot jumper and runs the pick and pop with Reggie very well.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Tim Duncan is the 2nd best center. He is a naturally a center but played PF at SA because his usual spot was filled by David Robinson.

He will become the center next year(2003) after David Robinson retires

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Are we all forgettin Mourning?

ALONZO IS THE MAN!

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Ya know...

Consider he just got through cancer, thats pretty innapropriate. And by the way, hes 32, and trying to survive cancer, he still put up 16-8, he IS the #2 center.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Regardless of the disease...

Were talkin bout them as players, not what their contracts are. Mourning is the better player by far.

·
Registered
920 Posts
No he has the better name. Brad Miller put up 15 and 8. Zo put up 15 and 8. Brad is 26. Zo is "32". and over the hill. while Brad Miller will only get better this season.

·
Registered
162 Posts
if it wasnt for the disease i think shaq zo and duncan would easily be the three best players in the league, zo had a great year the yar before he went down.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Having seen a lot of great centers over the years, it was a "shock" to see that people are discussing Brad Miller & Kandi as the best centers after Shaq?

<b>"Most people have an argument of who is the 2nd best center, and it usually comes down to two players: Michael Olowokandi and Brad Miller..."</b>

What a pitiful statement that is when it comes to centers in this league.

I remember when there was Kareem, Hakeem, Ewing, Parish, Daugherty, Big Bill Cartwright, Moses Malone, Rik Smits, Rony Seikaly, Jack Sikma, Mark Eaton, and even Laimbeer(and this was 1988/89.....they all played against each other and now we're down to Kandi & Miller. Oooeee - ouch!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
come on now, brad miller!

When you say who is the 2nd best center I have to assume you meant who was the 2nd best center this season and not who will develop into the 2nd best center. With that in mind I think the following centers were better than either miller or olowakandi last season : Alonzo Mourning, David Robinson, Dikembe Mutombo, Elden Campbell, and Vlade Divac.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I think 2nd best center is divac/mourning/mutumbo... all are old and will diminish, but if your talking about now i'd pick them...

Kandi will be the better center pretty soon if he develops more...

the state of the center position is sad indeed

·
Registered
920 Posts
Anytime anyone says the name Brad Miller everyone thinks "Oh another white stiff" But I watched Brad Miller as a Pacer and he put up 15 and 8. He blended in well with Jermaine because he drew the defense out to 15 feet so Jermaine could do the work down low. Now, once these young guys develop Brad Miller won't sniff the top 5. I think Olowokandi is an alright center but why does everyone think he will develop. He has been in the league for four years and he is 27 Don't you think if he was going to develop into the second best center he would have done it by now? Anyway just because Brad is white doesn't meen he can't ball.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts