Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious : if the Thunder made it into the playoffs healthy this season and were matched against this Warriors team - who would you take to win the series and why?

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
I would probably take the Thunder (of course I'm biased) but it's really hard to tell because their new roster is so different and hasn't played together at all. The Durant-Westbrook-Ibaka trio is proven and Adams has been with them for a deep playoff run, but guys like Kanter, Augustine, Waiters and Morrow are still new to the mix. Perkins and Thabo are gone now, and they were with them and starting for all of their deep playoff runs.

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts
I, for one, am just really excited to see the fully healthy Thunder with all their new toys at the beginning of next season. Could we have back-to-back rookie coaches winning the Western Conference?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I, for one, am just really excited to see the fully healthy Thunder with all their new toys at the beginning of next season. Could we have back-to-back rookie coaches winning the Western Conference?
Too bad Durant will pull a Lebron and leave OKC for greener pastures. You really think beyond Westbrook and Durant that OKC has the bodies to make it to the WFC?

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No? You think that there wouldn't be a winner? That's an interesting answer.

Oklahoma City playing Oakland would piss the Iraqis off so bad they would blow up the stadium with all the players inside? The TV ratings would be so terrible the league would be forced to cancel the series?

·
Oladipo for the people
48,149 Posts
I just don't trust their health anymore. I pick G-State.

Like video game healthy where there 100% guarantee no one goes down? I pick OKC to win it all. Reality OKC? I pick G-State.

·
Administrator
115,886 Posts
Thunder.

Because Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook. And they're healthy in this scenario.

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts
@RollWithEm has said a healthy Bogut trumps a healthy Westbrook. So basically it's whom you like out of Durant and Curry.
You might be conflating two of my crackpot theories with each other here. This is a combination of me thinking OKC should have kept Harden and traded Westbrook and me thinking that Andrew Bogut is the second coming of Bill Russell.

·
Administrator
67,767 Posts
Too bad Durant will pull a Lebron and leave OKC for greener pastures. You really think beyond Westbrook and Durant that OKC has the bodies to make it to the WFC?
That all depends on whether Kanter starts playing a tiny bit of defense and whether young guys like Roberson, Lamb, Adams, McGary, and whoever they get with the 14th overall pick this year continue to develop. One thing this OKC staff has certainly excelled at is getting premium performance out of young talent. Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Ibaka all improved their game significantly in OKC. I have no reason to believe that Billy Donovan and Monty Williams won't continue that tradition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts