Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nba.com/games/20040204/MIANJN/preview.html

EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey (Ticker) -- The New Jersey Nets try to extend their season-high winning streak to six games on Wednesday when they begin a four-game homestand against the Miami Heat.

The Nets routed New Orleans on the road on Monday, 91-70, to improve to 4-0 under interim coach Lawrence Frank.

Kerry Kittles scored 16 points, Jason Kidd added 14, 12 assists and six steals and Kenyon Martin added 13 and 12 rebounds for the Nets, whose winning streak has come on the heels of a season-high five-game skid.

Kidd and Martin were named to the Eastern Conference All-Star team on Tuesday. It was Kidd's seventh selection and Martin's first.

The Heat had won five of six before coming up just short against Detroit on Monday, 102-100, in overtime.

Eddie Jones scored 19 points and Lamar Odom added 18, 14 rebounds and seven assists for Miami, which played the final 7 1/2 minutes without star rookie Dwyane Wade, who turned his right ankle late in the fourth quarter. Wade scored 17 points in 38 minutes.

Miami routed New Jersey at home on January 23, 85-64, in the game that likely cost former Nets coach Byron Scott his job. The Nets beat Boston two days later but Scott was fired one day later.

The Nets have won their last four home meetings with the Heat.
Wade?(Alston), Kidd
Jones, Kittles
Butler, Rjeff
Odom, Martin
Haslem, Collins

Prediction- Its going to be a close game. Alston played great defense the last stretch of games he started(including on against Kidd). I predict we will win this one 87-81

·
Registered
702 Posts
I predict also we will win... 88-83, Odom facing Martin should and would be a great matchup, probably would prove who should of taken the F spot on the All star list, and this matchup would be one of the best this season... Odom 28 pts, 15 reb, 4 assists, 1 block Odom takes revenge.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by <b>PetroToZoran</b>!
You guys are going to get spanked. Book it.
just like u did last time we played:p ..wasnt it 85-64 or something like that...i remeber the day after this a certain coach got fired...

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Yea, thank god for that game. We finally got Byron the Clown out of New Jersey. Frank is 4-0 as head coach and after 4 games has already broken 2 Nets records. Recording a 4-0 road trip, and holding 4 straight oppenents to 79 or less points a game. We've won the last 5 games by an average of 15.8 points a game, the closest game, being a 10 point win.

Wadecaroneddie, how about a little wager. If the Nets win this game, you change your avatar to Kenyon Martin and write the Nets spanked your Miami Heat for a week. If the Heat win, I'll use any avatar you want and write that the Nets got spanked by the Heat for the next week.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Another thing to add, If Nets win, you also put in your signature that Martin is better than Odom, if the Heat win, I'll write in the opposite.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by <b>PetroToZoran</b>!
Wadecaroneddie, how about a little wager. If the Nets win this game, you change your avatar to Kenyon Martin and write the Nets spanked your Miami Heat for a week. If the Heat win, I'll use any avatar you want and write that the Nets got spanked by the Heat for the next week.
ill take the wager only if wade plays...if he is out, no wager

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damn...no wade

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey all, I had to register because tonight's game has me too damn frustrated. Why does Stan refuse to play our bench? Our bench has like 7 points. He over plays our starters, he's running them into the ground and refuses to give the bench players any time to play and help the team.

Wallace can score, Butler can score, Zang can score, not sure if Walker is still hurt but damn it, Stan needs to stop living by Riley's live and die by five rule.

Caron's been stinking it up lately and yet he still logs major minutes. Why not play others and give them a real chance to contribute?

Sorry for the vent, I just feel Miami could be better coached and players could be used differently for the better.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no wade, no grant, no effort, no chance

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Odom - 27pts 5reb 9ast 4stl 1blk

E.J. - 15pts 5reb

CB4 - 12pts 4reb 2ast 1stl

Haslem - 10pts 9reb

Skip - 10pts 10ast 1stl

Odom woulda had a triple double if he hadnt gotten into foul trouble...

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
for what its worth you guys have a very nice squad...I fear for the future. definitely will soon be one of the best teams in the east.

·
Premium Member
12,113 Posts
Odom- (39 mins)27 pts, 5 boards, 9 assists, 4 steals, 1 blocks
Martin- (34 mins)24 pts, 13 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by <b>RoyWilliams</b>!
Odom- (39 mins)27 pts, 5 boards, 9 assists, 4 steals, 1 blocks
Martin- (34 mins)24 pts, 13 boards, 5 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks
ill be the first to admit that martin played a little better tonight... they both played excellent though

1 - 20 of 22 Posts